Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
250- 350 drops , pellets is all i use now ,
i find sharp drop offs , lay them on the wall , just be carefull how ya pull em up !! ,
pull towards deeper water , prevents snags..
m2b

fd

Nice haul! How deep 240? Carlyle and pellet mix we used to prawn Thetis and Tent 15 years ago and 220 - 240 on gravel humps always produced. Haven't prawned out of ukee or bam similar program out here? Or is it best to work the deep spots.

Great report and pics FD. Thank you :). I was all gun ho to head out there this weekend but have commitments to attend to.

I'm a puzzy now compared to you guy's lol. I am getting my diesel heater fixed as we speak. I need a nice heated little "fort" to go hide in during prawing :eek:. Damn glow pin went but is covered by warranty. It's been a great heater until this minor set back. I used to tough it out like you until I installed the heater.

I always appreciate your reports man. Keep em coming :). Your winter expeditions are hardcore and I love it :cool:.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoveling the boat off and smashing a hole in the ice so you can launch is not my first choice, But ya, still beats working up north.

Show us some fish man!!!

Craig

I agree...man when I was young I ate that $hit up. Nothing stopped me, now I prefer red wine and antipasto when fishing....

SHEAR ME!!

Hows the sidekicks making out up there Captain???

See yah next year...Guy

Ya Fogducker, you probably don't know how many of us schmucks are sitting in our offices wishing we were out there fishing, prawning etc. It is inspiring and I am going to make a serious effort to get out there this winter, never have done it before in Bammer, thanx for the pics and the stories

Thx for the info FD boats moth balled up for the winter but if we keep getting the sunshine it may come out of hibernation sooner than planned.

Thanx FD, Working on next years Bamfield adventures already with your motivations. Just hope i can get'em like you do.

Got a Tuna lion sitting on the counter waiting for Annie Chunn"s tonight!!

Guy- the boy's have adapted to institutional living in camp quite well, It reminds them of jail!!
See you in the spring man.

craig

Craig , my doors always open for ya buds , leave ur gear at home if it doesnt work ,
jump in with me , alot cheaper too , leave the sausages at home !!

see ya Feb for sure !! try ta get the rehabbed jew out too...

felix

Thanx FD, Working on next years Bamfield adventures already with your motivations. Just hope i can get'em like you do.

Got a Tuna lion sitting on the counter waiting for Annie Chunn"s tonight!!

Guy- the boy's have adapted to institutional living in camp quite well, It reminds them of jail!!
See you in the spring man.

craig

just some evidence of plowing on the edges... roads in good condition

an interesting trip ta say the least , but , all worked out ,

thx to the guys that tried helpin me out with the motor ,
the impeller disintegrated a few weeks ago in COLD weather ,
buzzer went off when i went ta flush the motor on shore ,should brought an impeller this trip..
-5 , bad idea , pretty sure it was frozen and stuck , eventually tore it self up on start up this trip ,
lesson learned , taken the leg home , ez fix , hopefully the the 40 hp coffee grinder survives ,
thx Bod for offering up the part from ur personal motor , decided ta pack er in , get home for New Years..all good..
woulda liked ta visit my jewish pal Jeff ,wanted ta meet ur new gf....call ya this week....

so , i did get 2 days of playin , what a change in weather , zero wind , WARM.. weird year...
3 springs to the boat , one gooder lost 10 feet from the boat ,
my fault , tangled net , kept only one for my aunty , not bad size for December , crazy 20 min fight ,
Nanat island and Bamfield Harbor were holding fish , spoons and needles on the bottom ,
Adam , not sure if ya had any luck , but i hit 2 quick springs where you hit ur small spring ,just west of Dixon...
Rob , on that spoon i told ya ta try ta bring in ,it works !! stop at the shop tmrw..
managed a few shellfish ta bring in as well , for my good friend Gemma :)

Prawning was good for me ,
not sure what most of ur thoughts are on how close others should be dropping there pots within others .
i dont own the ocean , but seriously , its a HUGE sound , pls dont lay ur strings on others, i had a huge mess ta deal with , 20-30 meters is WAY TOO CLOSE , watched a guy read my float , then lay all his strings right on me , thats brutal dude , i pulled my pots and moved .... might not be in such a festive mood next time !!ive got better things ta do than repair my gear out here... thx ,,,my rant of the year..

anyways , thx to our new caretaker Jon , for helping me yank my pots out ,

catch ya all soon

fd

[URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/user/thefogducker/media/IMG_2905_zps2e7b6e7d.jpg.html]

We called it quits pretty quick up there, just made one pass from dixon up to aguilar. I actually had a big yellow eye on when I seen you, hit at 110ft in 180 ft of water lol. We had a little spring on down by danvers earlier that morning. Was just nice to get out and be on the water in December. Headin back to Newfie land in a few days have a good winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back