Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
ujenedys.jpg

Instead of haulin prawns.. How about haulin a prawner!!

Are you f'ing serious??? Is that little ducker the boat that could?:eek::). Regardless, you should send that photo into Suzuki ha ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
carried over from another thread...

sure theres guys alot more qualified to answer your questions than me ,
im fairly new to the winter feeder fishery here on the west coast ,
about my 5th year fishing for them , ive gotten pretty lucky the past 2 or 3 seasons ,
there may be some on here that know the Uki side better that may chime in ,
ive fished as far as Swale and Vernon , Vernon is a good winter feeder spot ,im only in a 16 open tinny...
look for balls of bait on the bottom this time of year ,100-175 water, drag bottom ,, if ya dont see anything within 15-30 min , move on ,
i am a fast troller year round im told , Bod taught me that , seems ta work great for me , i do slow down come August a bit perhaps , inshore anyway , but on average , im clippin 3 - 3.5 mph , feeders seem ta be aggressive ,
not shy ta take ur offering , as bod says , get that gear movin , dont let em get a good look at it, IT WORKS !!..anyways , glow needles , 33-36 in leaders , glow flashers i prefer this time of year , or try bait in glow or charteuse heads , the water is super clear this time of year , try spoons no flasher on one side , above a dummy , that is fun when they whack your small 3 - 3.5 in spoons , irish cream , white lightning , cookies n cream , army spoons all good bets , 5-6 ft leaders if behind a flasher , mint tulip , army , splatter , trex , purple haze needles , this short list rotated will eventually find ur go to , heard bear and crowe on ur side mentioned for feeders , but id be getting ta vernon if possible , again , maybe sum of the Uki guys can chime in..
ithink the few on here traded in all there salmon gear for tuna gear lol,,,

im hittin the water right now , Sarita , Whistebuoy , Brady's , Ship , west flemming , pill , diplock,, all hold feeders on this side at some point , whistlebuoy ... beale , brady's ,,, are usually pretty reliable

post a report soon

gd lk

fd

blowin pretty good taday , worked the traps only , blowin snow , sub zero temps ,
not an ideal trollin day lol , i truly cant explain whats goin on over here ,
us porch slicks are the only idiots out here right now , definitely not for the timid ,
were havin a blast regardless , winds suppose ta be better tmrw , try again ,,
sum shotz,,,

Nice haul! How deep 240? Carlyle and pellet mix we used to prawn Thetis and Tent 15 years ago and 220 - 240 on gravel humps always produced. Haven't prawned out of ukee or bam similar program out here? Or is it best to work the deep spots.

Shoveling the boat off and smashing a hole in the ice so you can launch is not my first choice, But ya, still beats working up north.

Show us some fish man!!!

Craig

ujenedys.jpg

Instead of haulin prawns.. How about haulin a prawner!!

Commie prawning in December! Nice... :mad:
With unregulated year round prawning by some groups and with the May/June commercial fleet that is getting very good at catching prawns..... You gotta wonder if this "sustainable" fishery is going to last.

Sorry for the hijack :rolleyes:

Hey Fog Ducker ... we were able to get another run of the G26LBD t-Rex needle fish ...just for U..... :)

well , thats a wrap , finished up with a great day yesterday in the sun ,
4 springs to the deck , all on needlefish , 120 -160 feet , flemming west in short order ,
lotas bait around , were beat-up , time ta go home , great time ,
id call this extreme fishin at its finest , al most 3 inches of ice in the pond now !!

if are faces look frozen , thats cause they are !!

sum shots , see ya soon..

fd

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back