BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY, 11th Annual, October 26-27-28

Nice shirts and a heated tent were the highlights of my trip haha, and a good night sleep on sat

Saw 1 boat take a triple header today, other than that the fish were few and far apart, no real bite at all, we fished Greensea on sat and the wall on sunday, lots of small ones, lots of ugly ones and lots and I mean LOTS of fish finning and surfin </3

Heres hoping next year is better <3

Over 500 tickets sold to the derby. I believe there were 224 fish weighed in. As stated earlier, not many clean looking fish. Actually, not too many fish clean looking or otherwise. We boated 4 for the weekend with 8 lbs being our largest. Despite the rain on Friday and Saturday there was no wind which made it quite comfortable if you had good rain gear. No rain at all on Sunday. Stuck around for the prizes which were fairly decent.
One boat landed 12 fish on Sunday including the winner. They were damn ugly fish . Not sure exactly where they were fishing, but I have an idea where it might have been. They claimed to have had another dozen on that they either lost or released. Really???
Looking forward to next year.

Over 500 tickets sold to the derby. I believe there were 224 fish weighed in. As stated earlier, not many clean looking fish. Actually, not too many fish clean looking or otherwise. We boated 4 for the weekend with 8 lbs being our largest. Despite the rain on Friday and Saturday there was no wind which made it quite comfortable if you had good rain gear. No rain at all on Sunday. Stuck around for the prizes which were fairly decent.
One boat landed 12 fish on Sunday including the winner. They were damn ugly fish . Not sure exactly where they were fishing, but I have an idea where it might have been. They claimed to have had another dozen on that they either lost or released. Really???
Looking forward to next year.

Were there three middle aged guys in the boat? a Whaler? if so, I watched the performance - they were just about the only boat out of about 20 that were catching. And they did loose quite a few. We ended up with two fish yesterday and six for the derby largest was 8.5lbs. Didn't weigh yesterday and couldn't make the prizes.

My crew from the weekend
chum2012048.jpg

Haliloggers crew
chum2012051.jpg

Hey I didn't know Superman smoked?!? Anyone else have pics they can post? Would love to see one of someone chumming the water...stay away from the sweet drinks. They'll get you every time!!

Many thanks to the gang at Browns Bay for putting on this derby.
Had a wonderful time again this year.
Another t-shirt to add to my collection.

Managed to get 6 in the boat and lost 4 others due to operator error. LOL
It's all good.....
We weighed in 3 fish at 11,10 and 9
It's all good.....
Sorry to that other fisherman that our boat got to close to.... hey had a rookie on the wheel...
It's all good.....
Had a couple from Alberta that now have a better understand of the issues we have in BC.
It's all good.....
Nice to see my fellow chum bums
It's all good......
GLG

or is it no Bud for me :D

I hit the rum, hard, after 6 PM
Can't fish and drink at the same time.

Back