BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY, 11th Annual, October 26-27-28

Just a weather nerd FYI, the weather networks forcast is created by computers so it's not that accurate. Environment Canada is human forecasted and alot better but they can only semi accurately forcast 3-4 days. Browns bay gets some nasty weather though so I'm expecting sideways rain. Shouldn't dampen the party.

Was at the Bear lake sort today ( just above Rock Bay ) saw several Seine boats cruising the straights and have 1 tied up to the booming grounds. whens the opening?
sooner the better.

Heard that the chum are starting to bite.
Kelly hope you have a good plan for accommodations this trip.:D

I'll be there this year. In a small open boat. Watching my buddies inside their enclosed cabins with envious eyes.
I promise to "feel sorry for you" while I crank up the heater.:D
GLG

Seigners open Mon and gill netters open Wend , was up there yesterday I was the only boat that I seen dip the net but did see a guy at the cleaning station cleaning A fish .

hey steelhead...
open boats are under rated

Last edited by a moderator:
campsite available for derby weekend

We booked a full service RV site and have had a change of plans. I would like to get the site filled so I dont have to pay the $25 cancellation fee. anyone interested? upper level site.

SS

Were still going to the derby...just hauling in the boat saturday morning, and then hauling out in the afternoon. hope the fish are hunting hoochies by then :)

We booked a full service RV site and have had a change of plans. I would like to get the site filled so I dont have to pay the $25 cancellation fee. anyone interested? upper level site.

SS

Our tow truck is having some problems so it looks like we might be out. I'll likely still come up Saturday night for a bs and stick around for the draws sunday, depending on when they run.

Seigners open Mon and gill netters open Wend.

The last year I fished the Derby 2009 because of the trend to schedule the commie opening right before the derby.
Dfo had commie openings right through to the friday morning. Fish finally started showing on Sunday.

I am not really sure why they do this but the dates for the derby are set well in advance. With a little thought I am sure they could accomodate a rec derby and commercial fishing in the month the chum are around.

But then again that may be asking too much from that organization.

Damn the one year I get everything lined up to stay up there I get sick, I just cancelled moorage and Rv spot in case I'm not better in time, someone I'm sure will be happy about the moorage. I imagine Browns has a list of waiters. Rv spot is 25 bucks if any one wants it PM me might save me that money.Hope to fish atleast one day if I get better if not hope u guys have a great time it sounds like a big one will be caught by someone this year.

Damn the one year I get everything lined up to stay up there I get sick, I just cancelled moorage and Rv spot in case I'm not better in time, someone I'm sure will be happy about the moorage. I imagine Browns has a list of waiters. Rv spot is 25 bucks if any one wants it PM me might save me that money.Hope to fish atleast one day if I get better if not hope u guys have a great time it sounds like a big one will be caught by someone this year.

dont be gay.

Everyone is bailing it seems

Lorne

Back