Browns Bay reports

Someone a few posts back asked why the derby is a week later this year. Talking to the hosts, they plan the derby around the tides.

I'll be fishin ght derby for the first time this year, and I am a little disappointed in the reports. Fished chum a few times last year and consistently did really bad, while every one around was loading up. I was hoping for better this year. Oh well.

Someone a few posts back asked why the derby is a week later this year. Talking to the hosts, they plan the derby around the tides.
QUOTE]

Tides, shmides. If the fish aren't there who cares what the tides are doing? Historically the run peters out the last week of october and the weather doesn't get better.
A good way to book up the resort for an extra week perhaps? The almighty $ more like it.

QUOTE]

Tides, shmides. If the fish aren't there who cares what the tides are doing? Historically the run peters out the last week of october and the weather doesn't get better.
A good way to book up the resort for an extra week perhaps? The almighty $ more like it.

Well said, I agree.

Talked to Marina and a few folks in the derby.
It is dead up there...
Smiley.

was pretty quiet today, not the usual chum bite for sure. I got two in my boat that i tossed back, they were pretty black & green - ready for the river not my smoker.

Back