Clam Feast Needed

Hindsight

Heading for a Cruse around the Gulf Islands for a week or more. I would like to find a beach with a **** Load of Clams PM if you know the spot.. Thanks

try fishing for them,, that what i had to do,, check your maps,, look for bays with creeks that empty into them,,,hit the low and dig!! pm sent...

try fishing for them,, that what i had to do,, check your maps,, look for bays with creeks that empty into them,,,hit the low and dig!! pm sent...

There are oysters and clams to be had in a couple of secret locations. We only take from where there is running water,Porlier,Active and Gabriola passes have good claming but check for openings and red tide.

thanks just sitting in Brentwood bay now Prawning. Going looking for clams tomorrow. Thanks for the spots.

Just for interest-if you take some raw clam you just dug- smear it on your lips-wait a few minutes-if your lips tingle or go numb-Id give it a miss or feed it to someone you are not particularly fond of. LOL

I agree- always check for the known closures-ment more as a joke-ie feed it to someone you're not fond of. It is not infallible-just something I was taught in survival school if you had no choice-along with eating a tiny bit and waiting a few hours to see if you had any adverse reaction. Not worth taking a chance-my apologies for a flippant answer.

Back