Sea Ice

Finished Business

Cheapest place to get sea ice in Port Alberni or Bamfield area...???

anyone?

Damn, here I clicked this thread thinking a major climate shift occured and we had ice bergs floating down our coast. Glad to see I'm clueless and navagation isn't going to be a problem till the Japan debris hits. :)

haha sorry knotty...a little vague! No bergs yet!

Mills came in handy last year...just wondeing if there were any canneries or the like in Port that will just load up a cooler, rather than buying bags upon bags....

FB

I had a x-large cooler filled down on the Quay in PA for around $10. It wasn't salt ice though, just regular ice.

I had a 2x2x4 cooler filled in Alberni by my buddies for around $90.00 I thought that was way too steep!! But I had no say in the matter because I was already half way to Bamfield in the boat. This summer I will just buy it at Mills!!!!

thanks for the tips guys. I will be sure to use one of them to my advantage today.

Regards, FB

Last year at French Creek in Parksville it was $15 for a large cooler.

Try St. Jean's in Port Alberni, they always have salt ice.

Actually they don't at this point - haven't geared up for that yet for the season. The Codfather (Harbour Quay) does though. 5 clams per 5 gallon bucket - bring your own cooler obviously.

Was better when Port Fish was operational. Could usually get a whole coffin full for 10 bucks. Unfortunately no longer an option...

Cheers,
Nog

Back