Holy icy roads batman!!!

Sculpin

Wow is all I can say about the drive to work this morning:eek:. I had it in 4 wheel and was doing about 15 km/hr for the last stretch. My estimator slid his truck into the cabbage on his way to work. He's not hurt thank goodness. The truck is headed to ICBC's yard for assessment:(

Just saw the pictures of the truck:(. I think they will probably write it off.

Anyone else have any accidents or near misses this morning?

My neighbourhood up top in South Nanaimo was basically shut down for 2-3 hours...Police had road blocks going up and down the roads. Saw 4 people scooting on their butts down a road because they couldn't walk on it. It was lovely

Yeah it's not just driving that's dangerous. Our book keeper's sister inlaw slipped and broke her ankle a few days ago and was on crutches. This morning she fell with the crutches and sprained her wrist.:eek:

Rule #1 for winter driving.: Change your mind set. Don't think of the roads as slippery, think of your vehicle as sneaky. Then your never surprised.

Hey Gunsmith, that sounds like everyday stuff from Oct until March for us. LOL
Most years, heading out to V.I. in Jan. is like going on a tropical vacation for me! Only -42 here last weekend, warmed up to a balmy -28 so it could snow!
S.E. winds kick the chit out of us here.

Back