Official 2012 Sproat Lake Loggers Derby

Our crew is in. Just looking for accomodations as I type. Going to try Imperial Eagle, or the camper if that fails! The Nook says that a reservation is not too necessary so it sounds like this is an option as well. Smoking deal offered by the Nook too!

Felix, how is the road into Bamfield? Never great, but maybe good for this time of year?

Hope to see some of you out there, we will be in a 21' grey and darker grey NRiver....

The Queen and I have the cabin at the Nook, so we're set. Running up Friday morning.

For those still looking for a place to bed down, I was snooping around and found a suite in Bamfield on the East Side, moorage as well and quite reasonable. Don't know if its booked, but here is the email address of the owners. Give them a call and you may be in luck. Pictures I saw look really nice.
D & R Benham [dalrae@shaw.ca]

Cheers from the Crew of Stress Medicine

Team Tyee is in . Leaving tomorrow morning and staying till Sunday. will be staying at our cabin in the bay behind Diploc and Friend islands. Will be on the radio, call if you are in the nieghbourhood

SOOOOO... where's the updates???

Fifteen Pounder was the Leader when I left last night. Went out and puttered around with The Ladz for the afternoon. Not a lot of fish showing on the sounder nor the gear for us. Handful of shakers, some legal, but all back to the pond.

Hope to hear some Better News today!! :)

Good Luck Folks!!

Cheers,
Nog

...my .02

great crowd at this event. A relaxed fun derby! And it seems no body left empty handed, thanks to the great door prizes. Brightened up our skunk of a weekend.

18, 17, and 16 were the top three...with a fair number of 12 and 13's being cleaned at the dock. Great looking fish! Really a well put together event, the Nook did great and we all appreciate the low costs of this derby, staying on site and whatnot. There seemed to be a lot more boats looking for that derby winner on sunday, with a showing of a few hundred at the fire pit for the noon prize giveaway. Well attended, awesome event.

Thanks to all who organized!

-FB

Well , Fog No Luck Ducker bombed , we sucked...

the Main Event, Highly anticipated First Hali Outting came head ta head with 8- 12 ft brain smashers on Friday ,around the 1 mile
venture point ,30-40 knot winds from the South and West , what a fricken mess , i actually almost lost it man , disaster ,
thx ta Jeff and Jerry for attempting ta get us out , wasn't ta be that day , we were all devastated , Jeff was jacked....

next time i guess

Derby was fun , weather kept us close at bay ,limited on the tinny ,hooked into several yung-ins on thursday and saturday ,
but nothin worth weighing . Sat and Sunday was fricken wet man , da sac is still a dryin lol...
Had a couple of lunatics camp out beside my trailer in a friggen " TENT " WTF...lol... Crazy dudes man , 60 k winds , monsoon rain ,
funny thing , they had a blast !!
we kept low , seen a few guys poundin em at the fire , spent our nights defrosting , haven a few outta the elements....

x2 , thx to all involved , great time by all ,
Poett Nook did a great job , Nadine and Paul kept things rollin , thx ta both of you especially !!!

yes , biggest fish were , 16-17-and 18 , Trevor from Poett got 3rd ,( we'll never here the end of that : ( ...
Nice work.. our consistent top finishers were held off the score sheet ,
better luck next year Matt !! ( Bucky )

Gas was a issue for alot , not many gas docks were open , Poett Nook was one of few , careful next year guys , call ur suppliers in advance !!
it is off season for most...

anyways , last note , thx to Reel Knotty for his Awesome painting he donated to the derby , Ken was unable to attend due to health issues ,
ur painting went immediately , Don Deforest ( Co-ordinator) was very great-full for ur generosity ) , I wanted that painting so bad , would looked great in the trailer...
get well soon Ken ,,

***** the killer whale pod ( 6-8 of them )came right to the nook entrance on Monday ,
guess they came ta mop up on the last few stragglers... !!!

see ya all next year ,

FD

Back