Blue Sea ACR

Klob

Just installed the 7610 model and I'm wondering what to set my battery switch to. Does the relay do away with switching back and forth. Can I just leave it on "Both" and turn batteries off at dock.

Both is for an emergency. You should be running on one or two not both.
GLG

if you have the relay and switch i'm familiar with the cranking batterie(s) are isolated unless you select the emergency position on the battery switch or until the the relay read over 12.5 volts from that battery. the switch should just have on and emergency. ON gives you power for all you acc. or house batteries and turns on the isolator to allow the cranking battery(s) to start the engines also when the engines start the charging system will charge the cranking batteries first then once they have reach a certain voltage the relay allows the charge to go to the house battery(s).if voltage drops in the cranking bank the isolator will separate the so you should have cranking power even if your house gets drained.
thats if every thing is hooked up properly.
when leaving the boat the switch should always be left in the off position.

hope that helps.

Do you plug your boat into shore power at the dock? Do you run a battery charger when you leave the boat?

Are you using your original 4 position switch? If so, you need to get rid of it and get an emergency combining switch.

Do you plug your boat into shore power at the dock? Do you run a battery charger when you leave the boat?
Are you using your original 4 position switch? If so, you need to get rid of it and get an emergency combining switch.

No Shore power, no charger and yes still using the old 4 popsition switch. Usualy set to "2" which is the starting battery and turn to off when tied up. What is an emergency combining switch?

When you purchased the unit, it should have come with both parts in the photo here:

7650.jpg

If you only purchased the ACR unit, you also need their switch or it won't work properly.

Why would they sell just the unit? Not sure how to tell if it's working properly. Sounds like a call to the Chandler.

Hey Klob,

The switch you want to purchase is the 5511E at the top of the photo. Yes, they can be purchased on their own. When you wire an ACR it's done a little differently.

You either want to install a pair of on/off switches between each load and the ACR (assuming 2 batteries) or a 5511E between the ACR and the loads. Wiring diagram is here: http://bluesea.com/files/resources/instructions/990310020.pdf

You CAN install the ACR without a switch, and it will work properly, however you then have no easy way to disconnect your batteries and that's dangerous.

Back