Prop guard

Northof49

Does anyone here own or know about the prop guards made in Victoria by Bite Me Too Enterprises?

The price seems reasonable and they look rugged enough in the pic on their site:

propgard.jpg

Does anyone here own or know about the prop guards made in Victoria by Bite Me Too Enterprises?

The price seems reasonable and they look rugged enough in the pic on their site:

propgard.jpg

Yes,I do he (Murray) makes a great product & is well priced... I like to support local ppl. when i can ...Bite me too ent.250)382-7007...anyother ? let me know...sammy

I just got one from Bite me too.
I was very impressed by the quality, plus the shipping was extremely reasonable (may not be an issue for you).
I have an older Yamaha 9.9 HT, and it fit perfectly. It even came with the nuts and bolts to attach it.

I did look at the Mac guard. No one locally or even Cabelas has the 9.9 HT Yammy one in stock, all on back order.

Then I saw the locally made one and sent an email, got a reply right away and price is good shipped to my door in Langley.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bite Me Too is a good product, but the Mac's are better. SG Power carries Bite Me Too in stock and obviously the biggest seller is the Yammy 9.9. I have replaced a couple of these, and in my opinion the only problem is they are aluminum and dont bolt to the skeg on your kicker, only to the cavitation plate. If something hits the prop guard on the bottom it will either break the prop guard or bust of the fins on your cavitation plate. When I say anything hits it on the bottom, I mean anything, in the water, trailering, moored. I have busted 2 off previously, one somebody hit my kicker while my boat was moored (and probably not very hard) gone, second while running out to go fishing, kicker up in some chop so while bouncing prop guard would occasionally hit water, ripped it off. My cavitation plate on my kicker is busted now, but I was able to just move the prop guard and drill new holes, I stuck with Bite Me Too, because it was cheaper and easier to modify. My $0.02

They're all great until a stick becomes jammed between the ring and the prop-that's something you have to watch for.

I have replaced a couple of these, and in my opinion the only problem is they are aluminum and dont bolt to the skeg on your kicker, only to the cavitation plate.

For an extra $12 I think, Bite Me Too includes a bracket to bolt to the skeg as well.

The Adventure Marine guards look interesting. They're made from stainless steel so should be stronger than the aluminum from Bite Me Too.

I'm hearing what Mad Shepherd is saying about being aluminum and not bolted to the skeg...hhmmm.

Adventure Marine is a short drive from my place as well, I'll be giving them a call.

Dont get me wrong, I think the Bite Me Too is an alright product and it is not overly expensive, but if I could jump in the ol time machine and do it all over again, I would spend a little bit more cash, get a stainless prop guard that also secures to the skeg. To each his own.

Cheers

I purchased mine from Parker Marine about 3 years ago. If my memory serves me right I paid about $80. It is stainless steel.

Ordered mine today from Adventure Marine and will be here next week. Will post pictures once installed. Looked to me like the best build and quality. Installing on Merc 9.9 Bigfoot. I did phone Parker and they are $80 and they have them made just for them by a local fab shop. That also had no clue if any of theirs will fit a Merc so another reason I went with Adventure

/fishon

Since it is thru bolted with stainless bolts -wouldn't the zincs on your outboard-one of which is just under the prop guard above the skeg suffice for protection?

I would guess that to be correct.

If I understand it correctly the aluminum is the metal that would be the loser in the equation as to electrolysis.

So any zinc mounted on the aluminum especially in close proximity would be the ticket.

Back