JDF Derby

Good times as always.
Unfortunately slow fishing but a good challenge and with a couple of 30lbers leading for most of the derby it kept you interested.
Winner was Brian Orr. First year not going into side bet.
$16,000 side bet went to 5th place!
Prize tables were loaded this year with roughly 65 fish prizes and 65 draw prizes.
50/50 was $3400
Killer whale show on Saturday, Humpback whale show Sunday.
Few coho caught and released.

Another great year!

Tips

they didn't last year either....I'd 'assume' political as it is not a great cost and Darcy does a great job......sucks for us that like to follow along with progress though and to see how their buddies are doing

Been trolling for salmon since I was a toddler with the family but this is only the 2nd year doing the JDF or any Derby for that matter. We managed a 16lb on Sat. and a last minute fish in the Mid 20’s on Sunday for Number 18 spot and a nice prize. Newfie Boy did an excellent job playing it to the boat out of a tide rip and then the race was on to get back with about 15 minutes to spare. Lots of fun like the great race and definitely the fastest my boat has ever gone since I have owned it. Also a very special thanks to the guy in the boat we waved off who did a fast 90 degree turn rather than cut off our fish when it was way out the back. And an apology to the guy in the very large Grady who we passed at Sunny Shores when he slowed down to control his wake. - would not normally do that. It was pretty exciting running the fish up to the car and the drive down to Pedder Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem RF was glad we got out of the way. I wish in the past some other guys would have got out of my way. Great derby and thanks to all the people that put it on.

derby results still mia?

OK cant seem to get an answer ,,,, It has been mentioned to me that the JDF might be no more ????

tell me its not true , ive finally been offered a ticket

tubbed

Wolfy , Trev , you guys are in the know

Tubbed

Im more than sure it will continue Mr weatherall and his family have done a GREAT job all these years he just wants some added help and I dont blame him at all it takes coutless hours and time to organize this event. 25 years is a long time thats for sure and lets face it that "group" have got it down.......
Again thank you from me personally George and family,, see you next year once again ...I think this will be year 14 for me

Wolf

Bump,Wolf how was the Vegas tackle show...come home with a nice grab bag ;)...sammy

Back