Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

I Plan on being the first one on the water tomorrow morning Boys. Tiding is ebbing.
Otter or Trap. Otter or Trap?
I haven't been out in awhile. Any tips?
thx

Last edited by a moderator:
We were first at the trap this am to fish from 5 until 7:15. Saw 1 fish get caught in that time but not us. The early bird did not get the worm.
T2

we were at the trap about 515 or so on sunday and there was tones of bait and we marked a pile of fish
had 7 take our bait

bloody nose outfished all other colors

I sure hope some of the insane WC action comes into the JDF, tough grinding Sooke when you get texted all day about Swifsure, Nitty Barkley, Ukee, Nootka, QCL going just crazy off! Keeping my fingers crossed they come in droves to the muddy Fraser VIA Sooke way.

Saw the odd fish yesterday, lots of woofers to shake???WTF. Some nice wild yo yo's, a teener in the box and one decent lost before the net.

33, 31 double header for one boat.

Sooke til ya Puke!

Got one bout 15 today and lost another really good one, mainline broke had a few nics in line above break. Didn't get to see fish. Took a few big dives tho, fished 8-12 at possession. Bloody nose on big one that got away and betsy on the 15. Tough grind out there past few times I think I'm gonna have to head west this weekend and hit renny up for day or two. Got a call from a buddy that got 9 springs yesterday and 4 Hali. Then by 9 this am when i talked to him he had 2 tyees already to boat at camper. Sick of the grind too justin! I'm heading west for weekend!

First day of my summer holidays today--all set togo out and...wind. Tomorrow...wind. Here's hoping for Saturday.
T2 (who worked in the honeydo patch all day)

It wasnt all that bad out there really maybe a 1 ft chop at most it was windy but up top with that wnw wind it stayed calmer with that incoming flood.
Got the trip in and got fish the pinks are definatlly showing up in numbers now and they are a good size well worth keeping. and the odd hatch coho (just for ffg) LOL LOL.
Out again today with Yo mama should be fun once again!!!!!

Wolf

What's look like out there now wind wise,Wolf

Bigwavedave.ca is your friend!!!

Hey wolfie, Spring fishing has been better for me this year, and Im not just all about the pinks and cohos. But I do enjoy taking beginers out and showing them a fun day. Now northern cohos on light gear. Thats my gig.

Off to hardy mon-fri. Will report back upon my return!

-Steve

bit lumpy going out today but flattend out very nicely......
lots of pinks and a few spriings today and a nice surprise a few hatch coho showing up.make sure if you go take lots of bait there eating it up...

Good luck Wolf

Surprisingly low wind today given forecasts. Fished a few hours off Secretary and Possession, one hatchery coho with a belly full of tiny fish, didn't see any springs caught, guy at dock said he was into many pinks off Secretary -- I didn't see them, but I guess they are there. Getting time to fill the smoker!

Pack of bait at PetroCan last night... with tax just under $9, over a buck an anchovy! And caught my coho on a spoon. :)

Fished from 9-1 at Secretary and off Possession, got about 8 Pinks off Secretary, some are a good size, no springers but a good day wind was better than it was supposed to be, i think i met mr. Juandesooka at the dock, good day Driller

Hey Driller, yup, that's me ... cool to put a face to the username!

Got a couple of reports ... Trap Shack, they had a few spring hits but more of them shaking the hook quickly, seems to be going around. Only saw a few springs caught, got into a few pinks and hatchery coho. Otter, apparently a few springs caught later in morning, lots of coho to east of the point.

Heading out for an early morning tyee (I hope) and I'm going to have my 6 year old boy with my so yep I hope I hit some pinks while I'm at it to keep his attention. Sammy, You going out tomorrow? Give me a holler if your out near the trap on 68 (Biggy).

Im trying to talk the misses into coming out with me tomorrow, but we will see. I wouldnt be hitting the water till 10 sadly though. I will be on channel if you guys are out.

Mike

Slow going for us, couple of knocks, couple of long line releases and that was it.

That was only 5kn winds in the am? Sure sloppy out there. Nice and bright though.

Back