2000-23Ft WellCraft Coastal

Derby

Crew Member
Hi Guys,
Got a friend looking at this Well Craft and was wondering if anyone has one? Thoughts
How would it run with a Honda 225?

I have a century 2200, which is similar in length, layout and weight to a Well Craft 23, and I have a 225 yamaha on it, which will push the boat at 40 Mph. If you go on the Well Craft web site and look at the boat, they say that max horsepower is 300. I think a 225 would be more than reasonable power for that boat.

my $.02

I know a guide out of Ukee that has that rig. However he has closed the well and added a pod. Currently runs a 225 Suzuki. The boat performs very well and gets very good mileage. As I recall cruises at about 26kt around 4000 rpm, maybe less.
I'm sure the Honda would be similar. Honda is very sticky about service though. You might want to check into that before purchase.

I ran a Wellcraft 240 Coastal for five years, first wit a 225 Evinrude DI (in photo) then a 250 E-Tec.....good boats....solid offshore...Gord at Foghorn in Vic runs the same boat.....opt for the model with built in pod....way stronger hull and adds tons more room to fish from....Gord has some good pics on his website...google Foghorn charterswellcraft 07 1.jpg

Thanks Guys - My Buddy just bought the " Megabite 2.0"- 2006 23ft Well craft with a Yami 250- out of Nanaimo-
Some of you may have seen it in the Broken Group- Boat was moraged at Toguart Bay-Look pretty nice ;)

I have a Welly and so far I love it its got a few perks, would prefer a Pod but $$$. Im still happy with mine. Its powered with a 225 Merc EFI, lots of power, I want to repower it with a 250 Yami 4 stroke eventually.

Thanks Guys - My Buddy just bought the " Megabite 2.0"- 2006 23ft Well craft with a Yami 250- out of Nanaimo-
Some of you may have seen it in the Broken Group- Boat was moraged at Toguart Bay-Look pretty nice ;)
I work With the guy who sold that boat and the motor. Your friend got a great boat and a real treat to fish out of. I fished out of it many times. We did several trips to Kyuquot and Uclulet (Toquart) together, and I am more than a little sad that he sold it. :-( Doug took real good care of that boat. Your buddy will be very happy with it. See you on the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work With the guy who sold that boat and the motor. Your friend got a great boat and a real treat to fish out of. I fished out of it many times. We did several trips to Kyuquot and Uclulet (Toquart) together, and I am more than a little sad that he sold it. :-( Doug took real good care of that boat. Your buddy will be very happy with it. See you on the water.

Hey Finner.....was it over in Kyuquot with your group? If it's the same one it is a great lookin' vessel.

My Buddy took the boat over to Vancouver on Friday and has a little re-rigging to do .The name will be coming off the side of the boat-He's looking forward to taking it foir a run.
Then it will be back over here for the summer. She will be fishing out Gold River end of July and in Barkley in Aug not sure if he is going to put if Toquart is in plan.
:)

Hey Finner.....was it over in Kyuquot with your group? If it's the same one it is a great lookin' vessel.
Yeah Scott that was the one :-( We'll bedown to 2 boats for Kyuquot, but we'll still have fun. And Doug will probably still come with us. Did I read you're planning a Tofino trip for May?

I have a Welly and so far I love it its got a few perks, would prefer a Pod but $$$. Im still happy with mine. Its powered with a 225 Merc EFI, lots of power, I want to repower it with a 250 Yami 4 stroke eventually.

What do you mean when you say the "pod" ... are you referring to say a Pilothouse edition?
Thx.

hey CoastalKing, hate to dissappoint you, but there are no King salmon here, We can only catch Chinook salmon here in B.C. :p :) :)

Actually I guess Fog Ducker has it right. They are your fish to begin with. oOme people on this site may not appreciate that, but I do recognize it and hope that you enhance the Columbia forever. It really is our saving grace here in B.C. Perhaps we can get our f'd up DFO to send our dollars to you anyways since you are the only ones trying to save salmon fishing on the West Coast.

Back