Sooke Marinas?

neb....drivin time from marinas - sunny shores - take you 20min to otter point, 10-15 to secretary, 20min to beechy/trap. From Cheanuh, 6 or 7 minutes to beechy, 10-15 to secretary, 25min to otter...from Peddar Bay, add 15 minutes to cheanuhs time.

Halibut - from peddar, constance banks is 20-25 minutes, 1/2 hour from cheanuh, 45-50min from sunny....to the bluffs, 16-17min from sunny shores, around 20min from cheanuh, and 35 from peddar...
Also good at race rocks but I don't know specifically where you fish that - 7 minutes or so from peddar, 10min from cheanuh, and 1/2 hour from sunny.

Detailed enough???? all of course based on u doing 30mph :)

TY FM ,

will get out and give it a try ..gonna wait till the weather gets nicer .. I try to get out once a month and the run over there is nice and short as I launch from the side of the jetty at Tawassen..ty again for the help

quote:Originally posted by Digger

TY FM ,

will get out and give it a try ..gonna wait till the weather gets nicer .. I try to get out once a month and the run over there is nice and short as I launch from the side of the jetty at Tawassen..ty again for the help

Hey, you're more than welcome, just let us know how you made out..we don't get a lot of posts from over there, and last time I was there I was using spoons and 6 inch herring, and we were fishing DEEP DEEP...be careful though, there's a couple of spots/shelves where if you wander in a bit too far, kiss your downrigger balls goodbye before you even know what happened! (that's why you DON'T want to use coastlocks (especially in Active) on your rigger balls where you would elsewhere...try to fish the backeddies when appropriate, and when the tide gets moving, make sure you're out of harms way.

One thing about that run, make sure the forecast is for reasonable winds, you could be in for a hell ride back if it comes up. On the boat I was on, it wouldn't matter, but in a smaller boat it would be a long run back...you'd have to follow a ferry to make any real time.

Looking forward to fishing Porlier often this coming spring on some good days.

Back