Boat cabin heater

Matt16

I'm searching for a small heater for my Trophy 2052. Roton suggested an $2600 Espar, but thats (far)out of the budget.

What are my options for boat heaters?

Last edited:
I've installed several Planar forced air diesel heaters and one hydronic model. I have had great feed back from customers, put a 2D-12 in my sons boat last year with the S.S muffler and a programable t-stat great heater and way quieter then my buddies Espar D2.

Just ordered the happybuy diesel heater for $245.99 for my motorhome.
https://www.amazon.ca/Happybuy-Dies...r+8000w&qid=1603761925&sr=8-5&tag=googcana-20
I have a Big Buddy that I will use for the boat, they work great! Used it last week for a couple days in a 300 sq' room and kept it warm on low at 4 below however a bit of ethyl mercaptan smell. I bought my big buddy on sale for $150 I think at CT last year about this time but great little heater even if they don't go on sale again soon.

Last edited:
Apparently the ‘general components’ brand sold in Vic at Sherwood is A good middle ground between espar/Wallace and Chinese made. I’m very close to pulling the trigger on one will report back if I do.

We've got one. Its fine on anchor but the slightest nudge, jolt or ripple causes it to auto shut off

that’s on account of they don’t want you to die. gotta watch the exhaust as well in confined spaces; i have one ad well i’m just hesitant to use it on the boat

What about one of those my little buddy heaters?? $150.
I use one (big buddy) works but CM is an issue, need to keep the hatch open in the cuddly or it shuts off, also keep my canvas back door open for ventilation, do get a head ache from the fumes sometime. Not the greatest. Also burn a lot of propane on high setting, like 2x 1lbs cans for 4 hrs, if I keep it at low it will last all day with 2 cans

Last edited:
There’s a couple members on here that have bought the Chinese heaters around the $200 mark and have said they work great and no problems. Pretty sure they’ve commented on some of the older heater threads. The buddy heaters are great but there not meant to be used in closed/confined areas. So ventilation is needed.

Have you installed one? How is it?

I have, it’s been great. There’s lots of info on YouTube and a big Facebook group on them as well. I’ve had the heater for a year and a half, bought it for $200, then spent another hundred on spare parts just in case but it’s been flawless. For $300 I got the heater, a spare fuel pump, glow plug, air temp sensor, gaskets and fuel atomizer screen. I follow the FB group and a ton of the issues on there are install related.

I have, it’s been great. There’s lots of info on YouTube and a big Facebook group on them as well. I’ve had the heater for a year and a half, bought it for $200, then spent another hundred on spare parts just in case but it’s been flawless. For $300 I got the heater, a spare fuel pump, glow plug, air temp sensor, gaskets and fuel atomizer screen. I follow the FB group and a ton of the issues on there are install related.

Which one did you order? I cancelled mine as I couldn't find any spare parts online.

I have a Sig marine forced air propane furnace I’d sell if it interests you.

Attachments

• 28A60347-AE2A-4547-97D0-C7A0A5298901.jpeg
    28A60347-AE2A-4547-97D0-C7A0A5298901.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 79
  • C02E668D-3E6C-4AE3-AB2A-65E84F76936B.jpeg
    C02E668D-3E6C-4AE3-AB2A-65E84F76936B.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 72
Back