What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

There's more slope there than it looks... Rain drains off.. snow.. not likely.. I'll be out there with the broom if we get some this year. I had to keep it as low profile as possible with the proximity of the neighbors.
Stealth!

Cheated on her! For the 2nd weekend in a row.
Went to @ab1752 ‘s marina - picked up some Halloween fireworks for the kiddos.
Need a dry day to change the oil cooler on my main. Received the part two weeks ago but then there isn’t enough hours in my life to show my love to her.
They sell them there? I ordered online for the first time this year.

Can’t wait for that to happen. Any more info for the hardly waiting??????? Just a tid bit of what we are waiting for maybe? Come on you gotta give us more than that.

Oly

Well, it's just a simple skiff. Maybe I'll go ahead and start the thread. But the first few weeks will be slow, I'm still in the preparations phase.

Took mine up to Pitt lake and re did the breakwater anchor chain closed the cabin and packed a bunch of gear out...ran like a champ but next month pulling the motor to replace the cracked gimble ring...

Discovered my bilge pump switch has packed it in. Thankfully the backup is still good. Ran her up and took her out for a run to put some heat in her engine box and charge a sluggish battery. Discovered the valve on my hydraulic pot hauler is badly corroded (Is covered but gets a lot of salt spray dripping into the console where it’s located). So taking tomorrow off to work on her. Soon will have her right-as-rain for winter fishing season.

Attachments

• 8B42785D-95A2-4090-AFFD-03905CE62D07.jpeg
    8B42785D-95A2-4090-AFFD-03905CE62D07.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 115
They sell them there? I ordered online for the first time this year.

Yep also there's a pop up store near superstore in north van, turn north off the parkway instead of south and you'll see the britco trailer. Usually one on cap road south of marine drive too.

Put in new Scotty marinco plugs; ran new wire to dash-mounted circuit breakers, new running lights (LED), ran power to my new dash panel, tried w/o success to find out where the wires supplying power to the wipers went to after the shop gutted my boat to make room for new fuel tanks. Cutting the water lines to/from the water heater with a sawsall did not turn-out well for me.

Discovered my bilge pump switch has packed it in. Thankfully the backup is still good. Ran her up and took her out for a run to put some heat in her engine box and charge a sluggish battery. Discovered the valve on my hydraulic pot hauler is badly corroded (Is covered but gets a lot of salt spray dripping into the console where it’s located). So taking tomorrow off to work on her. Soon will have her right-as-rain for winter fishing season.

We used petro tape on hydraulic valves, worked really well.
Product

Getting ready for the wet winter, had that fuel gauge problem ended up being what you guys said, removed all the tank wiring cleaned it right up with new washers and connectors.,
greased it....the needle is bouncing beautifully, put in new 4 years ago, it's all covered up and under the floor...i never think about it's probably the worst area down there moist and wet all the time, every spring clean now.. also throwing in 8 gauge wire for the puller ....need more power Captain!!

broke thru the 1/4" of ice on top to get at the gas tank and drained it completely into both cars, hosed off the solar panels. now she can sleep for the winter.

broke thru the 1/4" of ice on top to get at the gas tank and drained it completely into both cars, hosed off the solar panels. now she can sleep for the winter.

just wondering why you drain the tank? is it a portable tank?

not portable hence i need 2 car tanks to hold the fuel. i use a gastapper to move the fuel straight into the car tanks. drained to remove stale fuel and also reduce of the weight over the winter when its going to be sitting under 3-4 ft of snow. in spring i'll fill it to the max, fire up the engines a bit, swap out the fuel/water separator with a new one which will get rid of any winter condensation, change oil/filter/gearcase oil/sparkplugs etc.

Spent the night on ours this past weekend last kick at the can before we pull out on Saturday for the season - power wash it, remove and wash all canvas, remove everything in it and then winterize motors, rv fluid in tanks etc. etc. We have an A frame that goes over the boat and then heavily tarped and heaters put in for the winter. The boat really winters well that way and we have done it like that for a few years, but starting to see the appeal of just putting up a structure and backing it under and enclosing it that way. I can see the writing on the wall for that one and husband is already looking around at some different ideas that he likes - I expect the quotes to be coming through the door before next winter.

Pulled up the carpet. Cleaned the old floors and added some new floor mats.
That floor looks WAY WAY better than the carpet! Why did you ever have carpet in the first place? That floor looks beautiful.

Although, I guess part of the beauty is because it was covered previously?

Back