the popemobile is getting tired

It’s looking REALLY good. I think it will look a lot better once you take the pilot house off your current boat and chuck it on.

I have serious boat envy going on with lots of people‘s tubs, then I remember I now also have a wicked boat! Problem is that it’s just not getting used :’(

This thing must be nearing the maiden voyage? 3 weeks since last update. Not sure if this names been mentioned but it came to me last week while on anchor as we started to swing around with the tide
“Doe Sea Doe“ or “Dough Sea Dough”

Its about a month away from completion now. My builder had a few other projects to work on the last couple weeks, and a lot of the progress since the last update has been smaller details like finishing touches. The foam floatation is in, the rails are on, the console is nearly finished. I ended up ordering a 150hp Suzuki which will be installed along with all the electronics and gadgets over the next few weeks. Washdown pump, GPS/fishfinder, VHF, trim tabs, lights, batteries etc are all ready to go.

The list of stuff to be done still is fairly long:

-rigging
-hatches, latches, finishing
-downrigger mounts and rodholders
-nonskid decking
-hull wrap
-console powdercoat
-console windows
-sea trials

Ive also still got to list the popemobile, and possibly procure a kicker depending on how the sale goes. This build has gotten a lot more complex/expensive than I originally intended... New engine, trailer, electronics, hull wrap, etc. My builder is also already way over the estimated hours from his quote, so theres that...

The boat is looking incredible though.

IMG_5318.jpg IMG_5320.jpg

GPS will be mounted on top, I didnt like the crowded layout with it in the dash

As for the name, I had made a long list of ideas a while back but nothing that really struck a chord with me. The name of the design is "Carcharodon" which is a great white shark, so I might just leave it at that.

A few of the (very dumb) ideas I had written down:
-various latin translations
-various greek translations
-coddiwompler
-salmon cannon
-chinook crook
-sultans of spring
-salmon sultan
-the flugen googan
-chinook&cranny
-no farm no harm
-patiently wading
-picture me trollin
-angle of the dangle
-arm and a leg
-spool me once
-spring loaded
-the squeaky wheel
-the grindstone
-spring shady
-safety 3rd
-springin in the rain
-pelagic magic

and the list goes on. But as I said, I didnt really care for any of them that much

Back