ARMY & NAVY closing permanently

As a kid growing up in Edmonton we were frequent shoppers at the A&N store. It was interesting seeing all the local Hutterites shopping dressed in black.

New West Army & Navy to host multi-million-dollar sale

https://www.newwestrecord.ca/news/n...xtap-pACxYm2ZU3a441v0jok5k43-IC0X7zujirqfiF8w

• Fishing gear that includes the industry’s top brands, among them, Shimano, Daiwa. Gibbs, Fenwick, Scotty and more will be offered at a 25% discount
  • Outdoor gear featuring Coleman, Kuma, Yanes, Coghlans and World Famous will also be discounted at 25%
  • Men’s work boots and workwear with names that include Dickies, Caterpillar, Reebok, and Viking will see an additional 25% savings

Anyone’s been checking out to see if it’s worth the trip down to NW? Their fishing dept was already quiet empty even before Xmas.

New West Army & Navy to host multi-million-dollar sale

https://www.newwestrecord.ca/news/n...xtap-pACxYm2ZU3a441v0jok5k43-IC0X7zujirqfiF8w

• Fishing gear that includes the industry’s top brands, among them, Shimano, Daiwa. Gibbs, Fenwick, Scotty and more will be offered at a 25% discount
  • Outdoor gear featuring Coleman, Kuma, Yanes, Coghlans and World Famous will also be discounted at 25%
  • Men’s work boots and workwear with names that include Dickies, Caterpillar, Reebok, and Viking will see an additional 25% savings

So you are saying there will be lots of new gear being listed on Craigslist? ;)
I’d be surprised if there is much of anything on their shelves come sale day. Last two times I was in the New West store, spring of 2019 and spring 2020, the shelves were already pretty bare. When I asked why so little stock I was told they were doing an inventory count, yeah right. I’ve been shopping here since they took over the location from Eaton’s in the 70’s and I’ve never seen stock so low. Still sad to see it go.

I’d be surprised if there is much of anything on their shelves come sale day. Last two times I was in the New West store, spring of 2019 and spring 2020, the shelves were already pretty bare. When I asked why so little stock I was told they were doing an inventory count, yeah right.....
Ditto the Vancouver store shelf after shelf just empty thinking about it I may have posted that here at one point.

And back in early March I finally made it to the Langley store-it was pretty much empty too I had a pocketful of money but there was ZIP to buy.

Ditto the Vancouver store shelf after shelf just empty thinking about it I may have posted that here at one point.

And back in early March I finally made it to the Langley store-it was pretty much empty too I had a pocketful of money but there was ZIP to buy.

I was there at the Langley store in February with some money my 11 year old even said that it looks like they are going out of business, walked out not buying a thing

Was my second job as a young fella at the Columbia Street store. Worked great in sporting goods section First job was a pin setter at the bowling alley down the street OMG. Good times back then. Hunting pigeons and under neath the docks LOL

Looks like a new store has opened up in the Old Langley Army and Navy location. Went in there to check it out and was surprised that they have a full fishing and camping section. Bunch of stuff on sale. I talked to the guy in the fishing section and he worked at the new west store of army and navy and he appeared to know his stuff.

People should check it out.

Looks like a new store has opened up in the Old Langley Army and Navy location. Went in there to check it out and was surprised that they have a full fishing and camping section. Bunch of stuff on sale. I talked to the guy in the fishing section and he worked at the new west store of army and navy and he appeared to know his stuff.

Cool thanks for posting will have to check it out

What’s it called? Same type of store where you can buy a little bit of everything?

Edit: found its Mcfrugals. They bought lots of A&N old stock and sell a bunch of the same items

Last edited:
Good to hear!
Spent a lot of time and money in the Langley store. Had good stock and most of the people knew what they were talking about!:cool:

Back