2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late post:

I was out yesterday in the fog bank trying to locate some tide lines in order to find some fish.
Ended up with a shaker spring, and then about a 4/5 lb coho. Once the fog lifted, found out that there was a 1/2 dozen. boats around. Hung out until about 1:00 before I headed out to Sooke.

4 crabs in the trap, all small

Fished 12-3 trolling off discovery island caught a 6lb wild coho and lost what looked to be a 10 lb coho while netting. Had a 3rd that came off early. All using a dipsy diver with glow spoon, probably 30-40 feet.

Fished 12-3 trolling off discovery island caught a 6lb wild coho and lost what looked to be a 10 lb coho while netting. Had a 3rd that came off early. All using a dipsy diver with glow spoon, probably 30-40 feet.
Love your user name.

Reminds me of my old days

Has anyone been fishing Constance lately? Wondering if anything is going on either coho/feeder springs? Maybe a bit to early for the feeders? Thanks

Anyone sneak out this morning a snag a Hali? After putting together Ikea furniture the wife ordered it was a little windy..... Happy Thanksgiving

Yeah the wind is really frustrating me, I finally get some free time and had hopes of getting into some straggler coho and Hali. The currents look decent but it’s too sloppy for me to get out.

10 days and no reports?!

I’ll add a late one from the weekend. Fished 1230-230 on Saturday out by the VH buoy and picked up a 12lb coho at 150’ on the rigger on a 5” anchovy spoon and dummy flasher.

View attachment 57943

Sunday got out from 10-12 and not a bite.

Anyone else have luck for coho? Definitely a bit late...
that's a purdy looking coho! Is the VH buoy the yellow buoy about 2kms off vic waterfront? If the winds hold off, there will be some nice calm tides this weekend to get out and fish and run the engines

Out on the hook Thursday to Constance West side from 9am-4pm. Pretty slow with only one bite at 2pm which brought up a skate. Was an easy day on the bait for sure. Beauty day with Humpback around all day. Lots of bait and fish showing on the sounder and birds were active.

Out on the hook Thursday to Constance West side from 9am-4pm. Pretty slow with only one bite at 2pm which brought up a skate. Was an easy day on the bait for sure. Beauty day with Humpback around all day. Lots of bait and fish showing on the sounder and birds were active.

Was out fishing today on the flats 9-1230, caught a 6lb chinook at 95ft with a sand lance lure, Fish had sand lance in It’s stomach. Had a few shakers as well, beautiful day out there, First season owning a boat, just happy to have some blood on the deck. My cost per fish is staggering at present, but ultimately not what it’s about.

Out off the waterfront 10-3 today for a mid day madness, marking lots of bait and fish just couldn’t get them to bite so made for a slow day of fishing. 4 keeper crabs outa 2 traps both full Of just unders. Sun was in & out and no rain or winds so nice relaxing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back