Island Outfitters Fire Sale

profisher

Island Outfitters is having their grand opening this coming weekend (23rd to 25th) and selling inventory salvaged from the other locations fire last winter. Might be some good deals for undamaged goods if you don't mind smoky packaging. And can't see water damaging fishing gear!!!

Island Outfitters is having their grand opening this coming weekend (23rd to 25th) and selling inventory salvaged from the other locations fire last winter. Might be some good deals for undamaged goods if you don't mind smoky packaging. And can't see water damaging fishing gear!!!

The new owner gave me an amazing deal on a Lowrance transducer bracket to replace the one recently smashed in Nootka. Pre fire-sale sale.

I wish them luck. I’ll be by for sure.

I’m not sure about their chosen location, a couple tackle shops have tried that colwood strip and it hasn’t worked out. That said outfitters has a lot of built up good will which is hopefully enough to boost them through any initial struggles and get re established.

Time to make a Christmas list!

Aww now I have to change my handle. I hope the new store enhances access to good gear at reasonable prices.

Whole in Water, I heard Ian and Megan for sure.

Looking to the future...where is all the new growth in developments and density. The west shore is growing faster than any other municipality in Victoria. I think their new location will serve them well now and down the road.

Last edited:
Had the chance to drop into the new location and was impressed. Very nice large layout and very clean. The public washroom was impressive, like what you would expect in a decent hotel. They have a good fly fishing store within the store and finally there is a place to get hunting and shooting supplies again. I like that you can stop into Burger King for a bite and a coffee and walk across the parking lot for a look see before going on your way since we are use to dropping into BK from time to time. Better access and parking than the old location, especially for large pickups. They still need to get a weigh station and leader board set up outside.

Back