2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If somebody caught a 6 pound hatchery Spring in the howe sound right now. Would that be a three year old cap hatchery fish? Or a Squamish river fish? Or is there no way of knowing. I assume a Squamish fish. But buddy's telling me the large cap spring only go up the howe sound. Says they're not migratory.

I thought our winters all spawned up North or down South. Maybe I'm out to lunch.

You bring up a good point some of these fish must hang around the sound and be super aggressive. So hitting HITW and Tunstall you could be getting into something massive. Maybe a winter 20lbs is possible.

the albion test fishery numbers stopped at Oct 18th. Not sure if there will be any further testing data but seems like the number of chums going through the test fishery nets are increasing. Curious if anyone has gone out to fish for them at Sandheads. They should be in better shape and condition than when they are upstream and personally, I think they are decent tasting when smoked.

Whats the set up for chum in the chuck?, is it like a sockeye set up or do you use a dodger and hoochie or spoon, just curious as ive only caught them in the fresh and they hit pretty much anything...

Whats the set up for chum in the chuck?, is it like a sockeye set up or do you use a dodger and hoochie or spoon, just curious as ive only caught them in the fresh and they hit pretty much anything...
Purple hoochie and short leader. They love slow troll like Sockeye. If the run is strong, you find them in schools. Stop and go usually triggers the bite. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back