Cleaning old spoons

Boy, that's dedication. I'd polish my rod nightly when I was younger but spoons, forget it.
How's your eyesight, My dad told me I would go blind.
Salt, vinegar max two minutes check every 30 seconds. Neutralize with baking soda water. Buff with fine medium. Finnish with light metal compound.

Repeat until the job is done. :)
Rob, You holding out on me. Got any old gems in that pile.:)

Why is that Gibbs 8 still in your hand Robert ? It should be happily swimming in the Tyee Pool with me ;-)
index.php

I never understood adding scent to any trolled lure...as you are moving around all the time...sitting on the anchor for hali...i get it. They are scavengers and hunt often by scent like doggies.

I have a few tom Mack’s. Some new. Do you still use them.
Tom Macs still work as well as ever-match the size of the spoon to the bait and you're golden.

That's funny I thought I had more than this measly dozen-need some more half & halfs.

IMGP0390.jpg

Some, no matter how much you clean them will remain tarnished or you may even scratch them. Plenty of places in BC that will plate them for you. Chrome, Silver or even Gold.

When cleaning badly tarnished metal I’ll soak the object in a 50/50 solution of warm water and sudsy ammonia for 30 mins then buff with Nev-r-dull. This process cleans the metal but if you don’t apply some kind of finishing polish like Brasso or Silvo it will quickly oxidize again

I never understood adding scent to any trolled lure...as you are moving around all the time...sitting on the anchor for hali...i get it. They are scavengers and hunt often by scent like doggies.
Same here. I get a laugh watching a certain large guy on tv shill that goop

I use scent on everything. Ball, clip, lure, flasher, sandwich... but more to get rid of my own scent which may be a repellent.

Back