23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
he needs twin 2 hundos.. not 300's!! wow that would be fun though! 4' long full extension/flotation pod and maybe the 300's would work.

he needs twin 2 hundos.. not 300's!! wow that would be fun though! 4' long full extension/flotation pod and maybe the 300's would work.
I was thinking a single 300 but I’ll dream big while spending his money. 509.9 hp sounds about right. Twin 250’s and a kicker

Hey all, sorry been awhile, a project started up for me that was already 3 weeks behind schedule so it was dumped on my lap to find ways to get things back on track and meet the turn-over deadline = $$$$. Well I think I am almost there only 3 weeks left to go with the project until its punch time...

So the moment you all been waiting for, about the boat? The boat has a deposit on it "considered to be sold to very nice people" :) I am hoping to assist with the continuing build process moving forward with and when my schedule will allow. Also, my plan is to have the boat delivered before Christmas if at all possible. I have, pre sold, purchased a POD that has the same transom angle so with minor modification it will work just fine.

I think i still have some footage of the spray that I need to edit and release when I get a chance as well. The most important bit of info for allot of you guys, the new owner is not going to install the command bridge, I thought you would like to know that...! haha

Whats next you ask? Well I am still on the hunt for a Campion 215 or 622 Sedan...

I just purchased a new Sig Sauer P320 X-Full with night sights and Romeo 1 optics and SureFire x300u light in 9mm to go fishing with... haha, my fun time!

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2420.jpeg
    IMG_2420.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2421.jpeg
    IMG_2421.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Hey all, sorry been awhile, a project started up for me that was already 3 weeks behind schedule so it was dumped on my lap to find ways to get things back on track and meet the turn-over deadline = $$$$. Well I think I am almost there only 3 weeks left to go with the project until its punch time...

So the moment you all been waiting for, about the boat? The boat has a deposit on it "considered to be sold to very nice people" :) I am hoping to assist with the continuing build process moving forward with and when my schedule will allow. Also, my plan is to have the boat delivered before Christmas if at all possible. I have, pre sold, purchased a POD that has the same transom angle so with minor modification it will work just fine.

I think i still have some footage of the spray that I need to edit and release when I get a chance as well. The most important bit of info for allot of you guys, the new owner is not going to install the command bridge, I thought you would like to know that...! haha

Whats next you ask? Well I am still on the hunt for a Campion 215 or 622 Sedan...

I just purchased a new Sig Sauer P320 X-Full with night sights and Romeo 1 optics and SureFire x300u light in 9mm to go fishing with... haha, my fun time!
Enjoy before the turd take the right to own one away from us

Enjoy before the turd take the right to own one away from us

Yep that is the plan, ammo will in shortage late summer, early fall next year...

Robert,

I always pictured you with that 26' in the Shuswap, or in the boat's rightful home on the coast. You've given us a brilliant demonstration of a quality restoration. Can't wait to see what you get up to next.

Eden Island
23' Hourston - restored

Last edited:
I really want to say a big THANK YOU and reiterate how much I have appreciated and enjoyed everyone here on this forum and thread. I have been apart of may things in the past but nothing like this. So many people willing to offer their time with advise, experiences and knowledge to help another without personal gain as a motivation.

It's been a true pleasure to be engaged with real people on this build, a true example of community, passionate and love of boats and "Hourston's" in particular. This may be some of the final posts but in no way the end, I will be back with something else soon, i'm sure of it :)

You guys are lit!

Stay in touch and don't hesitate to PM or text 4038967504... anytime

...and yes I had 2 beer, LOL

Last edited:
I think something very exciting is coming with manufacturing and Hourston molds... :D

Last edited:
Back