2020 boating season is officially over...

zurk

now that its too cold to fire my kicker, its too cold to go boating.104 hours this year.
:eek:

Last edited:
Yup, Thats it folks, Fall has arrived. I'm done too. This week the boat goes onto a workbench for clean up/end of year maintenance. Then winterizing at Sherwood in Victoria. Then storage till next May. Too short a season this year fosho.

Last year I wrapped up the season on the second to last day of December, if I remember right.

j7Yorif.jpg

Couldn't fish again until the following year, two days later.

KOWyXjj.jpg

My wife did take a few months off though; about a week and a half after the second pic she landed herself in the hospital for a couple of days; some kind of abdominal issue, I forget what. I admit she'd been gaining weight for about nine months at that point but lost it rapidly after a quick intervention by the doctors. Then she was preoccupied with the follow-up and didn't fish much again for about three months. And when she did finally get back to it, she insisted on bringing this other dude, and she mostly talked to him the whole trip, and he didn't say a word to me...not sure how to feel about that.

8Mejz1H.jpg

Anyway, I've never seen weather cold enough to end my season here, but my wife sure wimped out for around three months this year, so no shame in shutting down for a bit.

I’ve fished in a snow storm when I couldn’t work at my jobs the due to the snow. It was white ouT conditions. Wind wasn’t bad. The coast guard helicopter swooped in low just to make sure we were ok..... it was a fun day.... wish I could find the pics

Last year I wrapped up the season on the second to last day of December, if I remember right.

j7Yorif.jpg

Couldn't fish again until the following year, two days later.

KOWyXjj.jpg

My wife did take a few months off though; about a week and a half after the second pic she landed herself in the hospital for a couple of days; some kind of abdominal issue, I forget what. I admit she'd been gaining weight for about nine months at that point but lost it rapidly after a quick intervention by the doctors. Then she was preoccupied with the follow-up and didn't fish much again for about three months. And when she did finally get back to it, she insisted on bringing this other dude, and she mostly talked to him the whole trip, and he didn't say a word to me...not sure how to feel about that.

8Mejz1H.jpg

Anyway, I've never seen weather cold enough to end my season here, but my wife sure wimped out for around three months this year, so no shame in shutting down for a bit.

Someone get that kid a license!

After this storm blows through there's a good week of nice weather! I'll be on the water.

Yeah nah. I hate to say it but once ski season is on, fishing moves to second place. If the snow conditions are crap I've been known to put the boat in Okanagan and hunt for old man rainbows. La Nina winter coming this season so that seems unlikely. Already hitting the gym 3x a week to ensure ski legs are good.

Back