2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highlight of the season for sure ;). Always great seeing members on the water. I really don't understand why so many guys want to remain anonymous on here. Just an awesome group of guys that I've encountered. If anyone sees me up howe sound or off bowen this winter feel free to raft up for a hot coffee and a warm up on the condo :).

No bacon?

Highlight of the season for sure ;). Always great seeing members on the water. I really don't understand why so many guys want to remain anonymous on here. Just an awesome group of guys that I've encountered. If anyone sees me up howe sound or off bowen this winter feel free to raft up for a hot coffee and a warm up on the condo :).
Perfect i'll see you up there..i could use a hot coffee on a cold winter day in an open boat brrrr , sure is great meeting people from here and i've met so many from IG also a good circle of people... no fake book types

too windy for me out there today

Last one in the Cap. Packing up.Nothing except for a seal tailing us for 45 mins. Done for the season.

Anyone here fishes for Winter Chinook? Any tips? Want to try that before next spring.
See you in the water

was 3 grady's over in howe sound so my guess is there onto early winter feeders already .....

seen you out there mudguts as was going over the bridge this morning on the bus to down town ...

was 3 grady's over in howe sound so my guess is there onto early winter feeders already .....

seen you out there mudguts as was going over the bridge this morning on the bus to down town ...
Yep, I got blown out at the Cap then blown out at waterfall. A bit of bait marked at waterfall. 1 hit at Cap, fairly certain the seals were messing with my bait at the Cap.

Last one in the Cap. Packing up.Nothing except for a seal tailing us for 45 mins. Done for the season.

Anyone here fishes for Winter Chinook? Any tips? Want to try that before next spring.
See you in the water
i fish for feeder springs lots during the winter skinny gs and irish creme spoons 3.5 work well keep your gear close to the bottom i usually run two rods one 10 feet off the bottom and other 5 feet off the bottom follow the contour of the bottom and adjust accordingly

i fish for feeder springs lots during the winter skinny gs and irish creme spoons 3.5 work well keep your gear close to the bottom i usually run two rods one 10 feet off the bottom and other 5 feet off the bottom follow the contour of the bottom and adjust accordingly
Thanks for the info sweettjim. Do you guys go to the same locations as with regular season? (The Wall, Bowen, Bell Buoy, Hump?)

Thanks for the info sweettjim. Do you guys go to the same locations as with regular season? (The Wall, Bowen, Bell Buoy, Hump?)
Yes, and no. Gowler, Tunstall, Grace, Waterfall/Gardner, HITW, Howe Sound, Curtis and others all hold up fish and produce but you have to put the time in. I generally follow the reports to see where guys are having luck, but realistically I fish the weather. Every one of those spots are sheltered and exposed depending on the wind. This forum is a great resource. Spoons, shorter leader and deep. 150’-250’. Coffee, Baileys and a heater help too.

Defense Islands is an awesome place to cruise and fish around in the winter. Drop the prawn traps around mcnabb creek and a couple of hours later good to go.

Yes, and no. Gowler, Tunstall, Grace, Waterfall/Gardner, HITW, Howe Sound, Curtis and others all hold up fish and produce but you have to put the time in. I generally follow the reports to see where guys are having luck, but realistically I fish the weather. Every one of those spots are sheltered and exposed depending on the wind. This forum is a great resource. Spoons, shorter leader and deep. 150’-250’. Coffee, Baileys and a heater help too.
Thanks a LOT. Do you (or anyone here) know where I can get a map with the name of most fishing spots? I’ve only been fishing locally in the last 3 years and this was my first season venturing by myself, so just understanding where the usuals are (South Bowen, Hump, Wall, SH, T-10, BellBuly) . But most of the ones you mention, no clue.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers

Gowler is actually Gower Point which is the point west for gibsons at the entrance to the straits.

Tunstall Bay is on Bowen facing Keats.

HITW is Hole in the Wall which is basically outside of the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal. Scrape the wall along the rock face towards Lions Bay.

The waterfall is also on bowen facing Keats.

Grace is off Gambier from the small island across from Langdale and into the bay towards centre bay.

Curtis is Roger Curtis again off Bowen.

All, or most anyway, will be on your charts.

Given the choice I would start working Tunstall Bay, that covers a bunch of potentially productive water off Bowen.

If this not happening give Grace a shot as its nearby.

Where are you pushing off from? That makes a big difference due to weather, etc. Speaking of which we have some decent looking weather coming up this week...I'm done with the sand heads and cap but am keen to hit some of those spots noted above. Good luck!

Btw there was a map of the local hot spots on the board at one point but not sure where it went.

I loved that video - real oscar-winning piece of work in my book. Definitely hope we get to see a 2020 version. Hopefully they will show more of the landed fish too!
I could watch that initial bob and grab all day. This video just pissed me off though because I had almost convinced myself that 2019 wasn't that great anyways. It truly was the best fishing I've ever experienced from the month before the closure to the two months after. Lights out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back