Saskatchewan Monster Elk

IronNoggin

record-breaking-elk.jpg

Blair Mitchell, who is a Boone and Crockett official measurer, completed the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation score sheet for the bull and the animal had a score of 421 5/8 gross for non-typical elk. Mitchell said afterwards that it was an “honour and privilege to put the tape on the largest wild bull elk I’ve ever laid my eyes on.” The animal has the largest mass of the 72 non-typical bulls in the Henry Kelsey Record Book. It will also be entered in the Boone and Crockett Record Book, under both typical and non-typical elk.

https://www.yorktonthisweek.com/record-breaking-elk-shot-in-duck-mountain-provincial-park-1.24218451

That’s a heck of an animal. Lots of nice game in that province, wide verity and they seem to manage it well.
Koodos’s to the hunter on a fine kill.

Does that one beat the one from Pitt Lake last year? I think that was a world record. Very impressive

I think I need a bigger gun .06 wouldn't even break through the hide . 300 mag coming my way and pull the trigger till it's dead. wicked bull

I think I need a bigger gun .06 wouldn't even break through the hide . 300 mag coming my way and pull the trigger till it's dead. wicked bull

Or go one step farther and get a 338mag with the 26 inch barrel for the extra 100 feet per second. Not as flat as the 300 mag but still plenty flat, and pushing a heavier bush busting bullet with more retained energy/knock down power and reasonable recoil. Great caliber, for moose, elk and a greater sense of safety in Grizzly country. I take the 30-06 on hunting trips as a back up gun should something ever go wrong with the 338.

Last edited:
Back