1981 Double Eagle gets a second chance

If the boats on a trailer, you could bring it to my shop in Sidney. I have a forklift.

@MadJigga Thanks will keep your offer on the top of my list
Just got the boat & trailer last week
Trailer had no papers and is currently un-insured
As people are aware it's a big hassle to insure with ICBC
But working on it
Cheers

Its a shame. A ****** repair ruined a very good stringer. Someone cut the fibreglass maybe with a skill saw while they replaced a small piece of the back floor. Water found its way in and that was it. I thought I got lucky and did not have to replace them but the last 4 inches killed that idea.

Attachments

• 094B22EE-BDF3-4BBD-B473-9F82DE91E058.jpeg
    094B22EE-BDF3-4BBD-B473-9F82DE91E058.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 26B8760D-C2DF-4E28-9261-492938F07D4C.jpeg
    26B8760D-C2DF-4E28-9261-492938F07D4C.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 306
Slowly coming along

Attachments

• D4C79B7F-A352-4842-B22B-C0E7371DBDF5.jpeg
    D4C79B7F-A352-4842-B22B-C0E7371DBDF5.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 215
Does anyone have a need for this ?

Attachments

• 3B639F39-36BC-4FB5-8B65-6B2F8D9C91B2.jpeg
    3B639F39-36BC-4FB5-8B65-6B2F8D9C91B2.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 213
@DanJ Hi ! I'm doing a 17' 6" DE project boat
Currently stripping out the boat
Curious what your doing for stringers and floor boards ?
Hopefully we can collaborate
I also have a thread on the forum
Cheers

Yes I have been following along. My stringers are in good shape other than about 4 inches at the transom on one of them so I could do a scarf joint or I may replace them just because. I have the 16’ 2x10’s already for the floor I am going to raise it a bit to fit an under floor tank in. I will keep posting pictures as I go. Time is my problem as I work 10hr days.

I considered that but I figured its 90% there so why not just do it all. I am going to pod it so I will do the transom beef up at the same time
You will have fun on the water sooner and have a better chance of finishing the project if you scarf the 8" that needs repairing and reglass them. What do you want to do both of them so they are both new? The strength is in the fibreglass. There were companies that used cardboard tubes! And 2 x 10 for flooring might be a little heavy.

You will have fun on the water sooner and have a better chance of finishing the project if you scarf the 8" that needs repairing and reglass them. What do you want to do both of them so they are both new? The strength is in the fibreglass. There were companies that used cardboard tubes! And 2 x 10 for flooring might be a little heavy.
16’ 2x10’s are whats there from factory. I will probably go ahead with the scarf.

I had two thoughts. King Starboard or go with Marine grade plywood glassed. I like King Starboard textured but the cost is crazy.

I had two thoughts. King Starboard or go with Marine grade plywood glassed. I like King Starboard textured but the cost is crazy.

I looked at King Starboard at Industrial Plastics, Ya pretty pricey
But I didn't think the texture was aggressive enough for a deck
Might do 1/4" in black for Dash panels, need to cover up all the old instrument holes

I was looking into Nida Core for the deck, But haven't gotten a price yet

Just as an alternate idea for consideration, I biscuit-jointed 5/8” marine grade plywood for the floor, sealed all the joints with slightly thickened polyester resin - and then had the entire floor and inside of the boat (sidewalls, and even up under the gunnels) as well as selected areas of the topside Rhino-liner’d. It’s available in any colour you want, it’s easy to clean, and provides a reasonably non-slip surface. If you have a truck with a sprayed in liner, you know how tough that stuff is....

Yes - I did fill all the holes in the dash with 1/2” plywood plugs, applied fresh resin and gel-coat and spent hours sanding.....

7DE6AE7B-B6C6-4CE9-8A38-06A3BA0B4E0C.jpeg8238EBA9-AF84-4284-A0CF-9E1B5020B68D.jpeg

I have seen a few people do this and thought it was a good idea but have not found any long term feedback as to how it has held up. How long ago did you have it done.

+1 for the Rhino liner. Cost on my 19 ft was slightly less than a pickup bed spray job. Very happy with durability and grip.

I just did plywood and glassed the bottom to seal, glued on and glassed the floor in. Epoxied the bottom side of one as well to encapsulate, easier but had free material for the others.

Back