Warning.... Member named “stephane”

Go.Fish

Not sure if this account is just targeting me but if you get a message about a wanted ad you’ve posted from this member don’t reply... if you have replied and someone from the email address sent you a photo. DONT OPEN IT

I replied to the first one and just woke up to an email with a photo attached. At the same time noticing this email it said I had other new messages from the same member.
See below...

Moderator: please feel free to delete this post when you’ve flushed them out :)

DE573D6F-37A2-42BA-A24B-F3FCCEABB087.png

Attachments

• 815DD834-C56B-422F-BC03-82746C063FBF.png
    815DD834-C56B-422F-BC03-82746C063FBF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Also...
If you aren’t already aware of what EMAIL TRACKING is please google it
In a nutshell. Pretty well ALL emails beside ones you receive from family and friends contain a visible and sometimes invisible image file within them. When you look at the email the file isn’t contained within the email itself but hosted by a server somewhere. If you open the email the server knows what time, place, IP address etc. Basically were just tracked without your knowledge. Many or all these tracking events happen when you simply open the mail app on your phone,
Do you have hundreds of email in your junk box? Well then hundreds of people know where you are and that you just opened your email

Using an iPad I turn off “load remote images”, problem solved.

I have now had 3 messages on this forum from guys in that exact format selling radar I’m looking for.... and every time I look they are new accounts “created today”

Ah **** I just opened a pm from Stephane before I looked at this thread.

Dealing with spam and scam artists is an everyday challenge in our world and the world at large. We check the forum once or twice a day for new accounts and eliminate the one's that are spammers. This new tactic of sending via PM was brought to my attention yesterday by one of our members who immediately emailed to report the incident. Our spam filters catch most of the posts in the forum, which are never seen by the public, but this is different because it is a direct message. The challenge from our end on PM's is just that...they are private between members so, unlike the public posts on the forum, we do not have access to content and messages shared between members for obvious reasons. I think the best advice we can offer for now is to be vigilant and suspicious of any incoming messages you get from a member whose username you don't recognize. This advice from BryceWCP is excellent...I have now had 3 messages on this forum from guys in that exact format selling radar I’m looking for.... and every time I look they are new accounts “created today”. Much like suspicious emails you receive that appear to come from a reputable organization, but when you hover your cursor over the senders name you see an email address that does not align with the company they are claiming to represent, you need to ask yourself if the sender seems legit. If you are unsure because the account was just created you can reach out to us and we can check the account and get back to you. If you have a suspicion that the person is a spammer, contact us immediately via PM or email at info@sportfishingbc.com and we will address it as soon as possible. Posting here is good as it helps educate other members but alerting us will have the offenders removed in a timely manner.
I will check the database for new sign ups several times a day for the next few days to try and eliminate anymore of these events before they happen. Your vigilance in reporting any suspicious PM's will help me in this pursuit.

Brian

I feel rejected I haven't got any of those emails because if I dont know you I dont wave or open your fricken email (but then to think about it how would you ever sell anything ....geeees with Covid , things just get tougher and tougher :) )

I have received 2 PM's from this character...

"I think i saw a guy called larry posted a Lewmar or Bomar Marine Hatch for sale. Here is his email. trevorwood234@gmail.com He's in Texas.."

Back