Truck work required

Derby

Crew Member
I'm wondering if anyone knows a good diesel mechanic in Parksville or Nanaimo area? my 2011 Chev 2500 durmax truck is going to need some brake work , injector work & need winter tires.. Tired of dealing with the dealer .. Thank u in advance :)

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good diesel mechanic in Parksville or Nanaimo area? my 2011 Chev 2500 durmax truck is going to need some brake work , injector work & need winter tires.. Tired of dealing with the dealer .. Thank u in advance :)

If you were closer to kelowna I could help you out.

I would recommend SuperTech in Nanaimo I have heard lots of good things about them. Ive never had them perform any actual repairs for me as I usually try to tackle it myself, but I've had them do diagnostics and pre purchase inspections on a 6.4L and 6.0 Powerstrokes for me before and they are super friendly and seem extremely knowledgeable.Dane their head tech is well versed on powerstrokes. I know they work on Duramaxs so I imagine they would be just as good with the Duramax as they are with Powerstrokes.

I have had lots of service done with supertech. Good company. Seems like they are always really busy which can suck if you want it done quickly. I find that are a little pricey but they do things right. They really came through for me when I blew a turbo on my f-150 towing my new boat from sooke. I would recommend them and will keep using them.

I think he is looking for backyard. Guy needs a hoist...
More looking for a reasonable price, trust worthy place to get work done..just tired of not being able to trust the dealer and what is need to be done and what they are trying to sell me..

Not ALL dealers are bad buddy!:)

Was thinking about it last night …. can you send me the actual issues. Brakes and tires are a no brainer, but let me know on the other things!

was going to ask whats the issue with the injectors? balance rates all over the place? knocking/ping under load?

Not ALL dealers are bad buddy!:)

Was thinking about it last night …. can you send me the actual issues. Brakes and tires are a no brainer, but let me know on the other things!

Of course..my local dealer is a little different :) just wish i could deal with u on this side of the world :)

Its just started to blow white out the tail pipe under a load ... loss of power ..chewing thru more fuel :)

mm yeah not a good situation will prob need injectors replaced, too bad gm doesnt sell the wicked acdelco diesel fuel injector cleaner anymore!.. but would need some def diag to condem it but more then likely all 8 injectors are going to need to be replaced. Do you run a programmer?

My thoughts and i dont have a programmer :(

well thats kind of a good thing, can cause other issues (extra heat and strain on everything else) well once those repairs are done youll be good for quite sometime! its gonna hurt $$$ wise but its worth it. And as far as brakes go make sure they are using good quality ceramic pads and new rotors etc, the machining of rotors and stuff just doesnt last! and semi metallic tech just doesnt hold up and makes a ton of noise!

Back