2020 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're speaking my language! (sensing another geologist?)
In the case of Thormanby, it's pretty cool seeing geological processes that change geographies as we know them within a human timescale (decades, even!).
Fascinating on the Sechelt Peninsula front - isn't it all Jurassic Coast Crystalline Complex granitoids, or is there an accretion of another unit in there? Are you also referring post-glacial isostatic rebound?
Clearly you have not ionized your brain by mounting your radar too low, yet.

You're speaking my language! (sensing another geologist?)
In the case of Thormanby, it's pretty cool seeing geological processes that change geographies as we know them within a human timescale (decades, even!).
Fascinating on the Sechelt Peninsula front - isn't it all Jurassic Coast Crystalline Complex granitoids, or is there an accretion of another unit in there? Are you also referring post-glacial isostatic rebound?

These are the conversation that glazes over my wife's eyes in mere seconds.

Also, hit up Sangster and Bjerre on weekend. No keepers but at least 10 shakers - should be a really good winter.

Haha no, just high school geology and general interest in natural history since then. I'm just an 'umble carpenter (with a metallurgy degree from a previous life in a land far away). My theory of Sechelt Island derives from time spent at Buccaneer Bay all these years and observing the process there as well as the general grades in Sechelt.

Post glacial rebound could be behind the Sechelt gap too, someone with actual training could probably make a better determination than I.

OK sediments to everyone! Just returned home from the isthmus 2 other seekers were out working the wind (It did drop but supper called) NOW! is when you want to be out there. No Oncorhynchus keta but 3 undersized Oncorhynchus tshawytscha were gaf released in the slop. We saw several Oncorhynchus kisutch; jump/breech close to our vessel but they did not accept our offerings, thanksgiving and all? Stopped at the store to check Halfmoon bay creek for keta but to no avale too early Me thinks. Still did not pullout for the season......mild winter???

So all the geologist and botanist discussions aside, has anyone been out lately for winter springs or is it still early? Been in Pender harbour for three years now and just ‘winterized’ the whaler for December, but hoping to this year get the earliest start ever. Howe Sound has some action, what about the Sunshine Coast? I hoping for some foul weather fishing gear for Christmas to get the early bite :)

So all the geologist and botanist discussions aside, has anyone been out lately for winter springs or is it still early? Been in Pender harbour for three years now and just ‘winterized’ the whaler for December, but hoping to this year get the earliest start ever. Howe Sound has some action, what about the Sunshine Coast? I hoping for some foul weather fishing gear for Christmas to get the early bite :)
Instagram tells me one of your local rockstars has already been catching salmon. He knows who he is so I'll let him give the report if he wants.

I didn't say it... ;)
Haha ;)

I was out yesterday for some tacks on the Bjerre. Couple shakers, one just under and missed setting hook on what felt like the biggest fish. Trolled the SE bank from tip to hook in around 200' of water, 181 and 221 on the rigs. Spoons.

The Captain was happy!!

ps. Does anyone know the fellow who fishes out of the red ~21' boat (I think out of Pender Harbor) called "Strike Force"? Beautiful boat, and I see him out a ton, especially in winter. Always good vibes and waves back. Also typically the only other boat fishing ****** seas, and inspires to head out if I'm on the fence.

Attachments

• captn_sigge.jpg
    captn_sigge.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back