Brown’s Bay

FYI---- I good fisherman friend just confirmed what others have been saying--- yes, the chums are moving south. BUTTTT they seem to have lock jaw. He was out for several hours on the flood yesterday, ZERO hits even though they were finning frequently all around his boat. He did talk to a guide that he knows that had 10 hits at Plumper but only landed 3 early on-- then it went dead.

Can a person get salt ice from the fish plant at Browns Bay?
Not sure but worth calling the marina and asking. They never mentioned it when I bought bagged ice in August. Hit up Boatland on your way up, check their hours though as I think they're banker hours.

Not really.
Lots of jumpers well into Deepwater Bay. Saw two chum getting the net.
Had two strikes, but both didn't stick. It was a flurry on the back deck for a whole fifteen minutes, then back to nothing.
Pretty busy at times at Separation Point.
Beauty weather.

Went this morning as well to deepwater bay, netted a couple and lost a third. Bite seemed to come on about 1 - 2 hours into the Ebb and after the sun peaked over the mountain. Hopefully get back at it Friday or Saturday.

We fished this afternoon from Separation Head and along the wall. 1 fish was all we had. Didn’t see any others caught but a nice showing of jumpers. Only a handful of boats out this morning but we chose to drink coffee instead. May get out earlier tomorrow.

Started first light at plumper until 10.
moved to Deepwater landed one around 10:30.
Can’t seem to load the pic.
60’ purple onion flasher 30” leader blue and pink mini squirt
That was it. Glad to get one because it’s very slow.
Even the seine net was coming up empty, From what I could see.

got in this afternoon. Fished from 3-6:30 had a crazy double header . lost all the fish a cannonball and ended up with a huge tangle up. We and one other boat were the only ones out in deepwater. The fish were there along the wall in 125' + very few on top. Talked to one boat as we went out that had 3. But im still hearing lots of skunks. Be out tomorrow am for another try.

got in this afternoon. Fished from 3-6:30 had a crazy double header . lost all the fish a cannonball and ended up with a huge tangle up. We and one other boat were the only ones out in deepwater. The fish were there along the wall in 125' + very few on top. Talked to one boat as we went out that had 3. But im still hearing lots of skunks. Be out tomorrow am for another try.

Darn. I fished from 9 to 2pm with only one bite, no stick. I should have stayed a few more hours!

Greensea again this morning. 1 fish. Heavy rain and SE. Fish were showing a bit but not biting for us.
because of the weather, we stayed down in deepwater. One word nasty, no bites very few jumpers, and very few boats. fewest boats I've ever seen on this long weekend. Maybe 6 boats. heavy rains and bad wind by 9am. soon as it started raining most everyone bailed we hung it till 12 ish and then snuck out with only one other boat from 5-6:30. saw several go up towards you at about 8am red glad someone got one. Its definitely toughest year we've seen.

Well ...,.we caught 1 more this morning at Deepwater. Fished for 3 hours for 1 bite. This is poorest fishing I have had up there. 15 or so boats and we saw 3 other fish caught today. A few finner bunches and some jumpers on the tide change. Went home for turkey dinner

Well ...,.we caught 1 more this morning at Deepwater. Fished for 3 hours for 1 bite. This is poorest fishing I have had up there. 15 or so boats and we saw 3 other fish caught today. A few finner bunches and some jumpers on the tide change. Went home for turkey dinner
Is it worse then last year was ?

Came back and I agree with Redfisher it was terrible. I was along the wall with the other 10 or so boats. Brutal winds, lots of fishing showing down deep which was a change from Saturday and Sunday from. We had 4 shakes all weekend and I put in a lot of hours. First-year we were ever skunked out. Didn't go last year so can't say if it was worse but 90% skunk rate on boats and also the worst weather I've seen in 7 years of going. Browns Bay was awesome as usual and we had a great time. Just couldn't get them to bite. Be back next year to try again. I also only saw two caught maybe one was Reds.

Back