A Thread For My Double Eagle 176 Buds

Stizzla

Crew Member
Lots of them around so I though we can chat about our boats. Mine is a 98’ super clean (thanks to @Cmiles ) it has great trailer, like new Yamaha 9.9 and a good running carb’d Honda 90. I’m strongly considering Upgrading to new fuel main injected power at some point in the near future.
I met a guy at the launch yesterday with a redone 87’ with extra flotation and beefed up transom with a Honda 4 stroke 150 and 8 on the back. He was thrilled with the results. Anybody else have that much juice on them?

I will post some picture of modifications as I make them.

That’s a lotta juice for those boats. ;) Those early models where rated for a 150 2 stroke, which at the time were 100 bones lighter than the 4 strokes of the same vintage. 4 stroke weight has come down a lot since then. Bottom line, watch your transom weight.

IMG_0121.JPG I thought I did but no luck as I haven't owned this boat for about a decade. Mine had boxes with two swivels up front and just cushions for kids on aft part of box. Good boats, I really enjoyed mine and wish I still owned it on occasion.

Honestly I'm not much of a powering out at 25 kt's in the dark guy so they didn't get used a whole lot, maybe the odd derby day but they worked, with new LED tech they would probably be awesome. I believe they were a DE option, as you see plenty of older DE's with them, but I'm not positive on that.

Back