All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
EjTKVErXgAIBDt9

British Columbia Weekly COVID-19 Surveillance Report

September 25 – October 1, 2020

Key Findings
BC continues to experience a high number of COVID-19 cases with an increasing number of hospitalizations.
The number of new cases reported this week (677) decreased compared to last week (880).
The number of active cases (1,261) has decreased compared to last week (1,371).
The most likely source of infection remains contact with a local case or cluster, with a large proportion of recent cases still pending exposure information.
Case counts in most age groups have decreased this week, with the exception of the 10-19 and 50-59 years age groups.
The number of new hospital admissions by day has stabilized in the past two weeks; however the number of cases currently in hospital has increased over the past 4 days.
The number of cases currently in critical care is also stabilizing and is still much lower than counts observed in phase 1.

http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/BC_Surveillance_Summary_Oct_01_2020_final.pdf

i think is a matter of the child using a cold to get out of facing homework not completed or a test day at school
spoilt brat HOOKY.

i think is a matter of the child using a cold to get out of facing homework not completed or a test day at school
spoilt brat HOOKY.
I really doubt Trump is faking. He downplayed this thing from the start and wouldn’t want to be seen as being hospitalized for something so ‘minor’...

I really doubt Trump is faking. He downplayed this thing from the start and wouldn’t want to be seen as being hospitalized for something so ‘minor’...
to avoid starting race riots and also delaying the elections? i dont think so.

Any vaccine will already be administered elsewhere before its available in BC so it’s safety will be assured.

With my wife having a seriously compromised immune system we will be getting it when available

Yah by the time we get it up in Northern AB their will will be 100’s of millions ahead of us. And rightly so I guess as since the beginning of this there has only been a handful of cases in 5 of our closer local communities. Almost negligible really.

Any vaccine will already be administered elsewhere before its available in BC so it’s safety will be assured.
While I think it's very likely that whatever vaccine gets issued will be perfectly safe... just to toss out a spectacularly famous example of an unsafe treatment that was administered elsewhere first, thalidomide was on the market for about half a decade before it was cleared for use here. Nerve damage and other major, permanent side effects had been reported well before the Canadian government even began to study it, and they still managed to discover no reasons not to allow it (meanwhile the US rejected it IIRC). And after West Germany pulled the drug because of the severe birth defects, Health Canada let it go for months, allowing doctors to treat pregnant women with it and wrecking who knows how many lives in the process.

The medical industry has a long history of ignoring massive problems with various treatments, and our government has a long history of failing to protect Canadians by taking even the most basic steps to act in our best interests.

So while personally I think the odds of a COVID vaccine being dangerous are extremely low...its safety won't be assured for a long time. You just have to roll the dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back