Removing transom shield

i have a ‘98 209Dp that I have the leg removed and now want to remove the transom shield but do I need to pull the engine?

Not sure what a 209Dp is. Guessing a volvo penta 290 duo prop.
My short answer would be yes. It would make things way easier to access to take apart and put things back together.

Depending on your gunnel height and strength. What I have done is a couple 4by4s across the boat then 2 more fore and aft over the engine, hang a come along on a pipe, lift it up then roll the pipe And engine fwd with a pair of vice grips.

I just drove mine to buddy with excavator, he lifted it in to the back of truck. Quick and easy. Also a tow truck works, or the good old tree method is always good too.

I just drove mine to buddy with excavator, he lifted it in to the back of truck. Quick and easy. Also a tow truck works, or the good old tree method is always good too.
Is the tree method when you climb a tree and proceed to jump out and end it because you're in way over your head and your wife has left you because she found out how much you've actually spent on your project boat?

Is the tree method when you climb a tree and proceed to jump out and end it because you're in way over your head and your wife has left you because she found out how much you've actually spent on your project boat?
Ask him how he knows...

no, the legs of the hoist need to be under the load
Depends on the hoist......counterbalanced ones can extend quite a bit. We have quite a few of them at work....but your correct about your average princess auto hoist.

I used a foldup hoist from the rear on my 22.5 to pull the 351 and I chained it as short as possible and ended up pulling the wheels on the trailer and still had to drag it across but got it out. Working on concrete save me...

Back