Filling up with gas help.

On my lunch break I checked the fuel lines and vent lines in the boat and everything, as far as I can tell, appears as it should. I suspect that the issue may be related to what Reeltime said, or perhaps I am just stuck filling up very slowly forever. Not the end of the world that's for sure. Just a silly problem. I have never heard of a car doing this, ever, so why can't the boat manufacturers prevent it. Seems by everyone's comments that I am not alone and that this issue is not isolated to KingFisher.

Our boats (KFs) have long narrow tanks, with a long hose down from the gunnel to the tank. There is no overfill/air vent so blow back is inevitable. I’ve made some messes too. What I do? If filling from the nozzle I go very slow, ensure level or even nose down on the boat. But what I do normally is use a fuel funnel and fill with Jerry cans. I can always get my fuel adds (ring free and a stabilizer) measurements correct and never get blowback with the funnel fill.

it sucks at the pump, so I just try and avoid it and keep it full with Jerry cans

In your pic it looks like you have an 1825, or possibly 2025? Is that correct? Hard to tell with a small thumbnail.

I do have a vent line. Leads to one of these on the side of the boat: https://perko.com/catalog/fills_and_vents/68/gas_tank_vent/ I wonder if this was their attempt to fix a known problem. Mine is a 2020 model

You have a low spot in the vent line. Look to see if it dips below the tank connection. Most likely gas is spilling into the low spot from the tank and cannot flow back. Visualize your garden hose where does the water go if you hold up both ends? Now try to blow in one end can you lift the water out with your breath? Shorten the vent line so there is no low spot to hold gas. It has to be able to flow back to the tank!!!!! Cheers

kingfishers have EPA charcoal canisters which are a huge pain. Replace them with a gas/fuel separator. also use a :
That will eliminate any spitback. .

Back