Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, usually at 230, finding them at 170 now
I tried prawning off vic over the weekend. I had weights in the traps plus one 10lb cannonball in front of my trap. eventhough it was nearly slack tide, one trap was dragged 300m and I did not find the other.. 8prawn and 3shrimp in the trap I found :)

Since there has been a few “non-reports” on here, I will add mine. Tried to go out yesterday for another shot at the coho with dodgers at the ready. Got halfway across Sooke Inner basin at planing speed and suddenly “whump” the engine abruptly stopped, all gauges went dead and it would not start. :confused:Took boat to Evinrude dealer in the afternoon and got a call today. The thermostat housing had “blown apart” spraying water over the engine and killed the EMM which had shorted/blown. Huge estimated four figure bill, but what can you do?! The E-tec technology has generally been good and I have had the engine for 10 years without too much trouble. Now is the time to pay I suppose! Good luck with the coho everyone! :) I don’t think I will get much chance as they will all be gone by the time we are back on the water.:(:(

Had to take advantage of this fantastic fall weather for a Coho hunt. Fished off Beechy in the 450 to 500 foot range with 77 and 88 on the riggers our most productive depths. Landed about a dozen and managed 3 clipped around 6 or 7 lbs. Two biggest came on our only doubleheader and were pushing 10 but alas, they were equipped with the Adipose Option and were returned to the deep! A white glow hootchie and a Herring Aid skinny g fished naked went about 50/50 on landed fish.
This one swam away in fine shape.
20200928_231502.jpg

Since there has been a few “non-reports” on here, I will add mine. Tried to go out yesterday for another shot at the coho with dodgers at the ready. Got halfway across Sooke Inner basin at planing speed and suddenly “whump” the engine abruptly stopped, all gauges went dead and it would not start. :confused:Took boat to Evinrude dealer in the afternoon and got a call today. The thermostat housing had “blown apart” spraying water over the engine and killed the EMM which had shorted/blown. Huge estimated four figure bill, but what can you do?! The E-tec technology has generally been good and I have had the engine for 10 years without too much trouble. Now is the time to pay I suppose! Good luck with the coho everyone! :) I don’t think I will get much chance as they will all be gone by the time we are back on the water.:(:(

How many hours on the etec? Yikes.
I just bought a boat with an etec and the seller told me he had to replace the computer, which I assume is the EMM?

Which dealership did you take it too ?????

I just bought a boat with an etec and the seller told me he had to replace the computer, which I assume is the EMM?

It has about 700 hours on it. Most of the hours go on the kicker. Yeah, the EMM is the computer module which controls everything and records all the engine error/fault codes.

Which dealership did you take it too ?????

South Island Marine in Saanich

Roland did you check online for a used one? Modules are plug and play..easy to change. You might save yourself a whack of coin.

Englishman if you do need a EMM I had Marine ECU repair in Oregon fix mine a few months back. It was about 400.00. There # is 720 538 6184 they do have a website.

Need a little updating on the launching situation at Sooke. Been fishing out there since the 70's, but haven't been in the last two, maybe three years since all the changes were made at Cheanuh. Is Cheanuh still an option or do we need to go to Pedder. Not really interested in Sooke Harbour and navigating through all the sandbars, although I probably only did it once many years ago. As I recall the room in there was not huge and the parking for trailers was limited. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. (18 ft Campion Explorer)

Both are viable options to go launch from and no need to worry about water levels for that size boat. Both cost $10 and have lots of parking. Sometimes you might have to park up the hill at Cheanuh as it does fill up down below. The sooke harbour isn't an issue to navigate with markers, but there are a lot of crab traps out there. I like Cheanuh personally, but will launch at Pedder if I'm heading towards Victoria, or use Sooke if I'm heading west. If you're heading out this weekend for coho, expect all launches to be busy with wilds opening Oct 1.

Need a little updating on the launching situation at Sooke. Been fishing out there since the 70's, but haven't been in the last two, maybe three years since all the changes were made at Cheanuh. Is Cheanuh still an option or do we need to go to Pedder. Not really interested in Sooke Harbour and navigating through all the sandbars, although I probably only did it once many years ago. As I recall the room in there was not huge and the parking for trailers was limited. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. (18 ft Campion Explorer)
I recommend cheanauh

The Etec I am sorry to let you know That came on my boat fried itself at 120 hrs I think it’s problem was that it sat too long without use I am very happy with the Suzuki I have now

Full moon tomorrow...things may slow down for a few days..especially the early mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back