Boat cover options

17 ft sea ranger

I am looking for an option to keep my 208 Grady White under cover for the winter. I use the boat all winter, so i am not really looking for a long term storage option. Mainly looking to keep the needles and leaves out of the boat. I have been looking a the Canadian tire pop up garage options as well as this option that I see advertised on craigslist all the time.

https://comoxvalley.craigslist.org/grq/d/langley-brand-new-20-wide-storage/7196973394.html

thanks in advance...all comments welcome.

https://midlandliquidators.ca/product/deluxe-canopies-composite/#choose-your-deluxe-canopy-size

We have a few of these at work and friends also have them. Good bang for the buck. I've never looked into the Canadian Tire ones. I also see Costco has some but I've never really compared pricing and quality.

Solid shelters. I had one, 12x30x10h, sold on here a little while ago. Held up well. Make sure you anchor it well to protect against wind and knock off the snow if it snows. With boats, most of the Canadian tire and Costco shelters aren't tall enough.

After I sold it I couldn't believe the crap that built up on my boat in 2 weeks without the shelter. Worth its weight in gold.

I have had a rhinoshelters.com curved top barn style shelter for my 23.5 trophy for several years Well made with no issues other than humidity build up until I added vents front and back. I see you can order them now and I highly recommend them. The cover also allows you to do maintenance in comfort. I also have a cheap canadian tire type shelter for an old truck.....you get what you pay for. No issues with snow build up on either because of the domed roofs.

i use princess auto canvas. around $300 and it covers the whole boat with a waterproof thick canvas layer. i use aluminum carbiners to secure it to the trailer. replace annually or every two years when it rips, no issue with snow.

I have a custom fit canvas (probably sunbrella) that is over 15 years old; still looks new after I clean it with a pressure washer (watch your distance). An awning would be the quickest way to deploy the boat for use, but one like in the above picture might not work for all. Unsnapping the cover takes 2-3 minutes even with my 70 y/o hands.

Has anyone hear ever bought a shelter from Capital automotive equipment in Surrey
Looking for one to fit my 23 ft striper just curios if they are reputable

Last edited:
Back