2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karma will bring you both a good fish.
You know what the funniest part is? The guy didn't really do much wrong. He turned in behind us but he was way back. He gave plenty of room especially considering we weren't waving or frantic at all. I actually didn't even know my buddy had let so much line out. He just said "oh **** that guy just ran over our fish" and I was shocked that it could have even happened. No yelling, no swearing, just sort of happened, oh well. So for him to do this is even more rock star.

I'm honestly so pleased with how the fishing community comes together in general. I've met some awesome guys on this forum these past few years. Some guys like @Aces I haven't even met and he still came to my rescue. Went and picked up that radar in Nanaimo for me, no questions asked. A month ago when my puller broke down at Gabriola I had several guys offer to come get my traps for me!! That's just insanely considerate. I know there's been a lot of negative this season but man I'm feeling pretty good about the community we all get to be a part of.

Sorry derail over. I'm not crying, you're crying.

You know what the funniest part is? The guy didn't really do much wrong. He turned in behind us but he was way back. He gave plenty of room especially considering we weren't waving or frantic at all. I actually didn't even know my buddy had let so much line out. He just said "oh **** that guy just ran over our fish" and I was shocked that it could have even happened. No yelling, no swearing, just sort of happened, oh well. So for him to do this is even more rock star.

I'm honestly so pleased with how the fishing community comes together in general. I've met some awesome guys on this forum these past few years. Some guys like @Aces I haven't even met and he still came to my rescue. Went and picked up that radar in Nanaimo for me, no questions asked. A month ago when my puller broke down at Gabriola I had several guys offer to come get my traps for me!! That's just insanely considerate. I know there's been a lot of negative this season but man I'm feeling pretty good about the community we all get to be a part of.

Double f$@$$ing like....and agreed whole heartededly. Stellar group we've got here!!

Fished Sandheads today for a couple hours this afternoon, one person seasick so didn't last long :-/ One hatchery coho 40' downrigger with anvhovy in 200' water around 2pm. One other bite at 40'. Nice day to be out. Thanks for all the posts here, really helps!

I was just looking back at my records, last year we got a 22 pounder on October 6th at Sandheads. October 13th a 20 pounder. If I recalled correctly, the 13th was a big day for Nets. So hopefully there's still some time remaining.

I was just looking back at my records, last year we got a 22 pounder on October 6th at Sandheads. October 13th a 20 pounder. If I recalled correctly, the 13th was a big day for Nets. So hopefully there's still some time remaining.

Thanks for taking the time to go back through your records and writing this message. Last 2 to 3 outtings were not very productive and while a few people got into fish, looks like the majority went home empty handed. We saw quite a few boats pack it up mid day at sandheads yesterday due to how slow it was. Was thinking that yesterday may be out last time out to SH this year but your post has given me some hope...

Reminds me and infuriates me about how short of a season we have due to the DFO BS...

For me its been great to find this forum as I was a newbie and everyone here is so willing to share there experience and knowledge. In these trying times its good know that there are people still willing to be good influences on others. Ive never met any of you personally but I can tell you I follow diligently and if I'm out when someone in need is out there I'm the first guy to fill my karma tank in any way that will help others. Thanks again to all who post here with good positive stuff I appreciate you all!!:)

Report I heard is very slow out there today.
That time of year, no hugh schools hanging around, unless your just luckey enough to come accross a few stragglers this time of year, then you'll be battling the Orcas and Seals..But that's what it's all about :) Its called FISHIN NOT CATCHIN

If anyone at the cap there’s a submerged 55g blue drum just under water line pushing in towards the pin right on the tack.

have been out since 415, haven’t seen a bent rod or net out. Hopefully some more stack up with a dry week upcoming.

Last edited:
Whenever we have been off the water fairly early, we have been waiting for a few minutes at the Rocky Point parking ticket machine and giving our full day parking ticket to usually a young family going our for an evening cruise. Well, today we went to the machine and there was a recently purchased ticket at the machine that someone obviously bought and then couldn't go out. Thank you! Now for fishing. We had rods in from 10 till 3 in the area of the Cap and at 1015 hooked in to and landed a nice 14 pound red. Usual bait set up and 60' on the rigger. Only one other fish seen netted. That was it for the day but the weather was great!

Thanks for taking the time to go back through your records and writing this message. Last 2 to 3 outtings were not very productive and while a few people got into fish, looks like the majority went home empty handed. We saw quite a few boats pack it up mid day at sandheads yesterday due to how slow it was. Was thinking that yesterday may be out last time out to SH this year but your post has given me some hope...

Reminds me and infuriates me about how short of a season we have due to the DFO BS...

I've been skunked my last three attempts. This week I'll swim back home if I get skunked again. Had to study the old records.

I was at SA this morning from 730-1. One undersized Chinook and one chum. Fishing on anchovies , fairly shallow between 35-60 on the DR. Didn't see much action on the other boats either, roughly 30 boats were out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back