2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really , 32 fish caught at Cap yesterday but I dont fish there so only reason I'm gonna fish SH next week , no choice lol

Any fish being caught at the hole in the wall?
Lol was about to post about HITW. Did 3 hrs there yesterday. Trying to see if there is anything left. Wanted to also try different combination hoping to catch a chum as that's one fish I've never caught trolling. Tried the dummy flashers and pink squirts. Tried chovies and different spoon combinations and different depths but no luck. Lots of bait showing but have not had much luck trolling this waters in the last month unfortunately. But still grateful to spend an hour or two on the water before this season winds down.

Lol was about to post about HITW. Did 3 hrs there yesterday. Trying to see if there is anything left. Wanted to also try different combination hoping to catch a chum as that's one fish I've never caught trolling. Tried the dummy flashers and pink squirts. Tried chovies and different spoon combinations and different depths but no luck. Lots of bait showing but have not had much luck trolling this waters in the last month unfortunately. But still grateful to spend an hour or two on the water before this season winds down.
Also wanted to mention caught poachers (3) jigging for bottom fish. When we approached them they quickly reeled in their lines and when told its illegal to catch bottom fish they claimed they didn't know. So 2 hrs later trolling back to same area there they are doing the same thing. This time they take off before we could reach them and high tailed it back to sunset marina. We chased them in and took pictures of the truck as they were pulling away. When I mentioned it to the marina was told they were warned about bottom fishing when they first arrived. I will be sending pictures and statements to DFO. Really hope something is done as this is a serious abuse of our resources and people like that need to be charged!!!!

Also wanted to mention caught poachers (3) jigging for bottom fish. When we approached them they quickly reeled in their lines and when told its illegal to catch bottom fish they claimed they didn't know. So 2 hrs later trolling back to same area there they are doing the same thing. This time they take off before we could reach them and high tailed it back to sunset marina. We chased them in and took pictures of the truck as they were pulling away. When I mentioned it to the marina was told they were warned about bottom fishing when they first arrived. I will be sending pictures and statements to DFO. Really hope something is done as this is a serious abuse of our resources and people like that need to be charged!!!!
GOOD FOR YOU! That's the only way things get done, not complaining on forums and Facebook

So just the one keeper and released the one under size. All the action was the first 2 hours this morning. Green flasher, anchovy at 35 To 45 ft. Lots of little guys on the hook. Had to check every 10 minutes so we weren’t dragging them around to long. Nice day on the water.

Lots of really nice size wild ho at SH

Absolutely beautiful out here this afternoon.

Fished sandheads from 700-230. Really slow. The least amount of nets I've seen out yet. Then went to Ambleside. Also slow from 300 until 500.

Highlight of the day.. There was a guy with his wife a daughter fishing opposite direction to the flow of traffic and turned right into a guy , a veteran I often see out. They hit downrigger booms. Then while he's trying to blame the other guy he just about plows over two inflatable boats. Caused four boats lines to tangle. Lol.
Today we ran anchovy on one rod all day, and tried everything available in the box on the other side. Nothing. Still fun though

A red at the cap this time of year?! What the hell is going on??? Great looking fish.

I caught a red spring just over legal size at the Cap last year at this time. It was a winter feeder. Nowhere near spawning - no reproductive organs visible to my untrained eyes. So maybe worthwhile trying for a couple hours here and there to scratch the itch later in October and November?

I caught a red spring just over legal size at the Cap last year at this time. It was a winter feeder. Nowhere near spawning - no reproductive organs visible to my untrained eyes. So maybe worthwhile trying for a couple hours here and there to scratch the itch later in October and November?
Oh I'll be scratching all over the place.

Tried an hour of jigging off stanley park and ambeleside. Had the wife and kid so it didn't last long. We bbq'd chicken on the slow run back to the creek. So nice to have some clear skies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back