Wanted: Shimano GT2000 or GT4000 Reel

Baxter

Looking for a used Shimano reel, in the Comox Valley, for an affordable price.

I have a lead on one for $75 that is like new, but don't mind older with some "experience" as long as it functions well for cheaper.

Some day I will get some nice expensive reels, but for now, just need one more used one in good shape

May also consider Trophy XL or others, but assume the price will be much higher.

Make sure to upgrade to Carbon fiber drag washers when you find one. Makes the reel 100% better!

I have a new trophy reel and way prefer a shimano 4000. trophy looks way cool tho
did you swap your tension spring on your trophy reel for an islander spring? makes a big difference, I like my trophys as much as my islanders mr2s.

Make sure to upgrade to Carbon fiber drag washers when you find one. Makes the reel 100% better!
Interesting. I assume a fairly simply task to swap it out?

I am running one 4000 currently, and an M-One that I don't really like. Will order those drag washers for the 4000 once I find another and will do both :)

Have you had the free upgraded drag put into your M-One? High water tackle did my drag replacement which is free from Diawa and it really changed the reel from a poor reel to a very nice performing reel.

The drag washer swap takes less then 5 minutes to do. I ordered mine from http://www.smoothdrag.com/

Just be careful as there are two different styles of the Shimano reels. Older black ones with red accents and the newer black and gold ones. They have different size drag washers and you want to mask sure you get the right ones. I think they have this sorted out better. I sent them my old Original washers from both styles to help out. Oh yeah and the cost is only $5.50 or $6.50 USD for them.

Back