Telus Alternative

ChilliSpoons

I’ve been a loyal Telus customer with mobile, tv and internet for about 20 years. I’m looking for some alternative options. New customers get better treatment and perks than long time customers.

Give me the pros and cons in regards to other providers of cellular, tv and internet. Pricing, reception, channel packages, etc.

Switching to streaming seems like a great idea but I still like to PVR my NFL games to watch throughout the week. And the wife has no patients of not being able to record and watch shows at later dates.

Talk to the retention team, I ended up with Internet, pvr, wi-fi tv box and 2 wi-fi boosters and 3 packages for $70/month!

Talk to the retention team, I ended up with Internet, pvr, wi-fi tv box and 2 wi-fi boosters and 3 packages for $70/month!
Thanks for the tip. I’ve talked to Telus loyalty a few times and have received the odd 6 month discount but that’s short lived.

Just signed up with Public cel network for $25/month. Unlimited text/talk and 3 gb of data. Also on Telus network

theres only telus and shaw really. you can switch between the two. what i do is use a TPIA reseller - shaw/teksavvy for my internet. freedom/shaw for my phone.

If you're ok with the service and it's just the price, I would suggest setting up a cancellation for a few weeks in the future. Most likely you'll get a call from the "winback team" that has the best deals. Find the cheapest deal from another provider and tell them that's what you're switching to and they usually will beat the price. Worst case if they don't call you, just call them back and say you changed your mind about cancelling.

I just switch every couple years to get a freebie. My current 48" TV was free with three year Telus plan.

If you're ok with the service and it's just the price, I would suggest setting up a cancellation for a few weeks in the future. Most likely you'll get a call from the "winback team" that has the best deals. Find the cheapest deal from another provider and tell them that's what you're switching to and they usually will beat the price. Worst case if they don't call you, just call them back and say you changed your mind about cancelling.
Do you know the phone number to call?
Mine is a business and cell pkg but they recently decided not to send me a bill anymore like hydro or gas and just expect me to do their invoicing for them.
They give you no numbers to call just expect you to do what they order like stupid sheep. I have not paid any money since they stopped sending a bill. When I receive the invoice I will pay it. So far they have not cut me off but at the point that happens I will switch to Shaw I guess even if the have the same bs just on the principal that I am the customer and can take my money elsewhere.
I’ve also been with Telus for over 30 years and we used to have a business rep look after us now it’s so far downhill they don’t even want to give you a number to call.

Do you know the phone number to call?
Mine is a business and cell pkg but they recently decided not to send me a bill anymore like hydro or gas and just expect me to do their invoicing for them.
They give you no numbers to call just expect you to do what they order like stupid sheep. I have not paid any money since they stopped sending a bill. When I receive the invoice I will pay it. So far they have not cut me off but at the point that happens I will switch to Shaw I guess even if the have the same bs just on the principal that I am the customer and can take my money elsewhere.
I’ve also been with Telus for over 30 years and we used to have a business rep look after us now it’s so far downhill they don’t even want to give you a number to call.
Just dial 611 from your cell

We are switching to ROKU. Been a Telus customer since they were BC Tel and I am fed up with the increases and less options.

We have work phones, no worry about Cell, ROKU allows us to watch Netflx and Prime, Apple TV (we got a free year of Apple TV when work gave me an IPad) and a bunch of other free channels to waste our life away.

Will be looking at Internet options for internet as $105/month is too much.

Cheers

SS

Shaw and Telus have had quite the monopoly for a number of years. I see Shaw now offers cellular service.

My daughter just signed a new contract with Rogers. Unlimited text, calling and 20 gigs data for 55/month. About 2 months ago.

Back