Spot to build Boat

John Ingram

Anyone know of a spot available to rent so I can build a small 14' lite ply boat.
Something with a bit of room and at a reasonable price ??

Anyone know of a spot available to rent so I can build a small 14' lite ply boat.
Something with a bit of room and at a reasonable price ??

I don t have an answer but i have often thought it would be an excellent idea to acquire some commercial space and rent out space to individuals who have no space at home but have projects that they want to complete, such as yourself.

maybe it could be stalls or cubicles with power and lighting. perhaps an area with 220 power for welding etc. probably an insurance nightmare tho

There was a company in Victoria called Tools and Space, that did exactly that ! With more and more people living in Apartments and condos, its probably a great business opportunity.

CRGreg

I’m looking for a place to build a fibreglass dodger for my boat this winter in the Vancouver area myself.

Maker Space? There are some WW shops that rent space but, they may not allow epoxy/glass work.
COVID 1984 will probably be an issue no matter what. Gl

I don t have an answer but i have often thought it would be an excellent idea to acquire some commercial space and rent out space to individuals who have no space at home but have projects that they want to complete, such as yourself.

maybe it could be stalls or cubicles with power and lighting. perhaps an area with 220 power for welding etc. probably an insurance nightmare tho
More money in just letting people store stuff in smaller spaces. Nobody lighting themselves on fire is a huge bonus.

Can’t you just rent a storage locker and build it in there
Not likely for a couple of reasons. I think most storage lockers are not powered, only common plugs in hall to light up your unit. So no power tools. Storage units also have restrictions about chemicals and fumes in the unit. That will be an issue with fiberglassing, gluing, painting and varnishing in the unit.

Back