All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alberta did 46,000 test in 3 days & positive rates remain less than 1%. Alberta see lots of cases but Alberta test a ton. More you test, the more cases you have. What this article fails to mention is that 37 people in hospital, 7 of whom are in ICU. Although Alberta has been seeing ~125-170 cases a day for months, but its hospitalizations & deaths continue to drop.

Is this virus losing its steam? Honestly, its such a small amount in the hospital for so many cases.

Dr Hinshaw quote for the day "Living with COVID-19 means seeking balance between limiting the harms of COVID & limiting the harms of COVID restrictions."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-1.5723282

Interesting to see the change in tone from the MSM regarding the Sweden experiment. As time goes on it will allow us to decide for ourselves who got it right. You can not deny the current situation in Sweden, vs the rest of the world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...r-public-health-officials-hate-it/ar-BB1904YN
if we had the same death rate Sweden had, we would have over 22000 deaths. Would that feel like a victory? Don't forget, university was still shut down, public transit was rarely used, and restaurants still had tight rules similar to what we see now. Considering some flu years they see under 100 deaths, I wouldn't really call Sweden's experiment a success. Especially since they determined only like 8% had antibodies in Stockholm. So much for herd immunity.

if we had the same death rate Sweden had, we would have over 22000 deaths. Would that feel like a victory? Don't forget, university was still shut down, public transit was rarely used, and restaurants still had tight rules similar to what we see now. Considering some flu years they see under 100 deaths, I wouldn't really call Sweden's experiment a success. Especially since they determined only like 8% had antibodies in Stockholm. So much for herd immunity.

The vast majority of deaths in Sweden was in long term care. If they had better protections in place in the beginning it would be a much different story. (Like the majority of countrys/province) Now that Sweden has protections in place it's a much different story. Please prove me wrong.

As far as herd immunity goes, then explain there trends the last 2 months. They are the only country with an avg of one death per day. Also minimal new cases.

The government's in Canada love talking about daily infection numbers... this is a joke and irrelevant. Its hospitalization and ICU that matters.

Last edited:
The vast majority of deaths in Sweden was in long term care. If they had better protections in place in the beginning it would be a much different story. (Like the majority of countrys/province) Now that Sweden has protections in place it's a much different story. Please prove me wrong.

As far as herd immunity goes, then explain there trends the last 2 months. They are the only country with an avg of one death per day. Also minimal new cases.

The government's in Canada love talking about daily infection numbers... this is a joke and irrelevant. Its hospitalization and ICU that matters.
Daily infection numbers are not irrelevant, I think they are helpful. From what I understand, the plan is not to allow infection rates to go beyond what the contact tracers can handle. This will keep the flare ups from turning into wild fires which would result in more people in the the hospitals. If infection rates are up among younger people and you can keep tabs on them and their contacts then hopefully rampant infection of the most vulnerable can be avoided. As well as that, if you know rates are up then maybe it’s an incentive to keep following the Covid guidelines, because our infections are mostly linked to people failing to do just that.

Interesting update from Dr. Campbell today, well worth a view.

Appears to be some old/new news surrounding preventive methods being shared. An area that I was bagged on in this thread for sharing info about months ago. Including HCQ, Zink, Vitamin C and D. Regardless, I just keep sharing all things COVID-19.

Old.

Old.
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...-to-strike-protect-seniors-now-849897018.html

The vitamin C, D zinc stuff is good for general immune system. Dr. Rhonda is more on the nutrition and is not immunologist or epidemiologist. She notes this if you listen to the whole episode. Other stuff earlier on was fairly unproven ie hydroxyclhorquine and the rest.

More info on the new test for children in school.

covid19_hsda_cumulative_14days_20200917.png

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data

Flu shot season. With all the effort put into curbing the cases of covid19 there is no need for flu shot .Why ? There is no way a flu can get here and spread .ask yourself what I can buy while in town while being there for a flu shot.

Flu shot season. With all the effort put into curbing the cases of covid19 there is no need for flu shot .Why ? There is no way a flu can get here and spread....
They're saying get a flu shot so you won't come down with 'flu like' symptoms and want to be tested for Covid 19 for no good reason; BC has already bought a million plus hits of flu vaccine and they're talking about setting up vaccine centres so it's a go and should be little hassle-better if I don't bother my MD for something so minor.

better call your pharmacist
They're saying get a flu shot so you won't come down with 'flu like' symptoms and want to be tested for Covid 19 for no good reason; BC has already bought a million plus hits of flu vaccine and they're talking about setting up vaccine centres so it's a go and should be little hassle-better if I don't bother my MD for something so minor.

/clinic not attached to a department store.

The seasonal flu shot is approved for most people ages 6 months and older. The vaccine is typically given by injection, but other forms exist. Here are some of the more common types of flu shots:

• high-dose flu shot
  • adjuvanted flu shot
  • intradermal flu shot
  • nasal spray vaccine
It’s important to understand that flu shots aren’t one-size-fits-all. There are different types of flu shots, and some are specific for certain age groups

AB test about 3x the amount of pepole. Daily test are between 13,000 - 19,000 pepole. This allows for fast tracing & can stomp out any flare ups.

AB also has between 130-190 cases per day over the last few months. The last I checked had 45 in the hospital & 6 in ICU.
Again that's due to TESTING. We have consistently been ~1% positive on test results. There for the more you test, the more cases. (Private labs can process much more efficiently then the provincial unions)

With out testing you cant stay on top of it.

BC, has the lowest testing in Canada. Honestly the territorys are out testing them.

AB has the least restrictions in Canada. Very little shut down. We can order a drink after 10pm like other adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back