Best Tires for 2500hd 4x4

If you have a big heavy truck, I recommend toyo c/t. Alot of my friends run them and wont buy anything else now. Snowflake rated and lots of tread and warrenty. Check em out.
I had duratracs and to me they wear out faster then other brands as they are a soft snowflake tire.
The nice thing about those Toyo's is they don't throw rocks like the KO's.....came highly rated from my local tire guy.

Thanks to all who provided feedback. I took that feedback and did a fair bit of online reading on truck tire reviews and on 4x4 forums etc. As time was tight I made a call and went with Duratracs that were installed today along with a 4 wheel alignment. Have to say all the tires mentioned are good tires and each has advantages depending on their design and where they sit on the continuum of best suited for the pavement and best suited for various off road purposes. Everything seems to be a trade off. The Duratracs are very good in the mud, snow and rock and in very cold climate like Alberta and the high elevation because the tread area is made of a somewhat softer rubber so they continue to grip in the cold as they don't harden up as much as some of the others. The trade off for that is less tread wear lifespan.

Last edited:
Had the bfg's great till they started to wear tried the toyo at's barely got 2 years outta them now running the nitto terra grapplers 2 years in still 75-80% my truck is 3500 6.7 cummins...nittos are not mt aggressive but somewere in between quite smooth ride a bit pricey but worth it..

Hankook Dynapro RF11 its all weather and hands down the best tire out there for heavy trucks and diesels.

Had a set of RF10s on my light truck for the past 5 years with zero issues, great in all weather and offroad. Replaced with KO2s this week, they roll smooth and ride nice but I can really feel the extra rolling resistance and weight.

Had Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT 265/70/17 121 installed this weekend. Good deal on them so I replaced the 8 year old GY Territorys .

Cheers

SS

I have falken wildpeaks on a ram 3500 and I hate them in the ice. Maybe they are good on packed snow. But it was enough for me to get a winter set on black steel rims to run in the winter.

The tires are great for the rest of the year though. I’ve had them for 3 or 4 years and I’ll get another year out of them but with that said, I have a designated winter set as well
Ya if you are in an area that gets alot of snow you cant really compare all weather's to true winter tires. I thought they were good in snow but got slick when the snow compacted to ice, but what non winter tire wouldn't have issues? For the price they are pretty good i would say tho.

Ya if you are in an area that gets alot of snow you cant really compare all weather's to true winter tires. I thought they were good in snow but got slick when the snow compacted to ice, but what non winter tire wouldn't have issues? For the price they are pretty good i would say tho.
I’m in the lower mainland so I’m not snow all the time. I’ve had bfg ko2’s, nitto terra grapplers, and the falken wildpeaks over the last 15 years. The falkens were by far the worst which made me buy a winter set.

I wouldn’t think twice about using the other tires all year long, but one trip to the Okanagan in the winter with the falkens was enough for me to get a winter set. With that said, I got a steal of a deal on some winter tires on black steel rims so it was a no brainer. I bought them in the spring for $300 or so and the tires and rims were basically brand new

If you have a big heavy truck, I recommend toyo c/t. Alot of my friends run them and wont buy anything else now. Snowflake rated and lots of tread and warrenty. Check em out.
I had duratracs and to me they wear out faster then other brands as they are a soft snowflake tire.

I've got 120000km on them on a 11000lb welding truck and still got some life left in them. I also have them on my personal truck. Love them

Back