Smoke

Brentwood bay is about 500m of visibility. Was going to go to sooke today, but my lungs will thank me for not going...

It’s pretty bad. I looked at a map of the wildfires in the western USA yesterday. Holy hell. What a mess.

Attachments

• 10F522E3-5A3C-4A86-BF88-AD9EE5B30392.png
    10F522E3-5A3C-4A86-BF88-AD9EE5B30392.png
    1 MB · Views: 54
Sitting on my patio in Esquimalt right now, I can hear a foghorn at either the breakwater or Brotchie.

So bad on the Peninsula that you can only see about 300m. I could hear the foghorn from the San Juans all day yesterday.

Bad in Ucluelet yesterday when we left, bad in Richmond where we stopped to see family, and bad in the Okanagan today.

It’s payback for the fires in BC back in 2017 and 2018....southerly winds had us all choking and gagging down here but yes, maybe this is a bit worse....

sorry....

Rumors say rain by Monday with westerly winds....we’ll see

DC723BAB-6AA8-445A-8E72-EDD7E4B83408.jpeg

Left Brentwood Bay 8am and drove to Qualicum and back smoky the whole way up. Ladysmith was the worst very thick though there. Cousin said Port Alberni was worse then what it was in Parksville

Buddy lives in a high rise in Coal Harbor. Opened his window this morning at 9 and the smoke detector kicked in. No major improvement after last night’s rain.

Hopefully all this smoke will create an Albedo Effect and promote some cloud nucleation. I was jumping for joy when we got a little bit of rain here in Nanaimo yesterday.

Hard to understand smoke distribution. We had the fire in Penticton last month maybe 3 km from home and spent a week on evac alert but smoke was nothing compared to this.

wildfire smoke combined with creosote pier fire in New Westminster had our shop closed by noon on Monday. Its brutal here on the mainland took my dog for a walk yesterday and had shortness of breath and a dizzy feeling. Best to stay indoors but my job is behind the wheel of a truck so that doesn't work...just another 2020 dilemma....

Nice to hear the smoke will slowly be pushed out of the LML starting Saturday a bit and they say it should be clear by Monday/Tuesday!

Will be nice to breath easier!

Back