2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question, where are the Sockeye?

I planned to end my summer from Nootka early enough to get over and do some Sockeye fishing.

My jars from 2016 are running out and need to be refilled but it looks like it's a no go.

So the question is what happened to the Sockeye?

I know it has nothing to do with the slide as this is a 4 year run.

Here's a question, where are the Sockeye?

I planned to end my summer from Nootka early enough to get over and do some Sockeye fishing.

My jars from 2016 are running out and need to be refilled but it looks like it's a no go.

So the question is what happened to the Sockeye?

I know it has nothing to do with the slide as this is a 4 year run.
If I'm not mistaken the last two sockeye openings were 2014 and 18. Two more years...

Was heading to SH yesterday at 10 am but decided to try West Van on the way. Ended up staying there till 5. At 1130 reel started screaming and a few minutes later it went slack. Sealed. Lost one when it jumped, landed one barely legal but decide not to take it. Boxed one 15 pound marble around 2pm. All action around the mouth of the Cap. Not many nets out at all.

Sounds like the cap may be promising I still have some herring left over in the freezer I may I have to hit it

Especially at the Cap on a Saturday afternoon flood tide!
I can't even believe they'd attempt that. When I was cruising by I saw three guys standing up on the bow of glass boat dead stopped at the marker. I'm assuming it was them.

I can't even believe they'd attempt that. When I was cruising by I saw three guys standing up on the bow of glass boat dead stopped at the marker. I'm assuming it was them.

Nope - small inflatable. I give them an A+ for effort, just not well thought out.

Fished SH from 7-2. Bunch of undersize and a couple hit and miss. Fished in tight to 400. Varied depths 34-137. Didn't help that buddy I brought out insisted on driving and was only capable of tight circles. Looked like cursive writing on the gps. First skunk in 3 years so I figure I must not be fishing enough lol. Hope you all had better luck!!

I got skunked two days in a row tues and Wednesday. It's not what you're doing its the fish aren't coming through. Some advice for the cap if anyone is going there is 75' and above. You can get springs there bouncing bottom but it has to be earlier in the season is it early season for cap? May want to bounce bottom with one rigger.

I got skunked two days in a row tues and Wednesday. It's not what you're doing its the fish aren't coming through. Some advice for the cap if anyone is going there is 75' and above. You can get springs there bouncing bottom but it has to be earlier in the season is it early season for cap? May want to bounce bottom with one rigger.
Did well Friday at the Cap. 80’ with chovy in 100’ of water. Got 15, 25 and 29 on the afternoon flood. Big ones are on the bottom against the shelf at around 100’.

Going out tomorrow to Sandheads hoping to find some coho... I know the outside of Vancouver Island they find the coho further out in 500 feet range and 80-100 feet deep .. is this the same at sandheads ... also what is best choves or white hootchie or spoons ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back