2020 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a couple days solo tuna trip to Port Eliza Lodge. The weather was unreal, bluebird days and absolutely dead calm. Fishing wasn’t great, had to scratch them out. Xraps weren’t working for me, and I only had green/purple zukers, wish I had my zucchini ones too (misplaced in a move) or cedar plugs. No meat lines either. There just wasn’t a whole lot of life out there. I was out 50+ miles. Found one school and had six of my eight rods go off, landed five, that was tons of fun.
Big shout-out to Robert at Port Eliza Lodge. He couldn’t have been more helpful.

We are blasting offshore from Nootka on Tuesday the 15th if anyone is interested in joining us.

I’ve spent the last few days tying up new gear and redoing some older stuff to get ready.

Any reports prior to that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Were last minute contemplating making the run to Louden tomorrow out of ukee weather looks good and may be our only shot looking at the forecast based on our size of boat.If anyone is interested in buddying up feel free to pm

Forecast is calling for 25 to 35 knot winds for Monday and Tuesday. Do you think that will be too rough to get it out off Winter Harbor?

SG put me on the fish weather which has a better forecast for the wind. Have to make the final decision tomorrow on whether we're going to go or not.

Forecast is calling for 25 to 35 knot winds for Monday and Tuesday. Do you think that will be too rough to get it out off Winter Harbor?
Bluntly put sounds like suicide in anything less than a 40' boat and even then.....

My guide in Quatsino called anything over 15 knots too rough and I think he's right-because 15 can turn into 25 in less time than it takes to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back