All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t stand Bonnie Henry’s updates anymore.

she wants people to reduce their contact well lady do U know what my contacts are gonna be when I send my kids to school? A hell of a lot more

to much beating around the bush to. Says we’re at 65% of contacts and need to reduce or it will get worse.

seems like they are just blowing a lot of hot wind now. I’m not saying she is wrong but if the stick is needed use the stick.

well it looks like she is back to using the stick

"Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said Tuesday that nightclubs and banquet halls will be ordered closed again. Alcohol can no longer be served after 10 p.m. at bars, lounges, pubs and restaurants."

ALL venues to sease all sales of alcohol by midnight tonight.
That includes pubs restaurants and
Halls. They can still serve food.
This is an attempt to stop people from talking loudly.
Cheers

well it looks like she is back to using the stick

"Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said Tuesday that nightclubs and banquet halls will be ordered closed again. Alcohol can no longer be served after 10 p.m. at bars, lounges, pubs and restaurants."

Hard not to close them when they can pin point a number of outbreaks to these venues. Booze and distancing just don't go together. Especially if they are playing loud music in the background. Just asking for people to spit in each others ears.

ALL venues to sease all sales of alcohol by midnight tonight.
That includes pubs restaurants and
Halls. They can still serve food.
This is an attempt to stop people from talking loudly.
Cheers
I contended awhile ago that once hockey playoffs were on in bars, people yelling and cheering at the game on the big screens would surely have an effect on increasing the numbers of COVID cases.

Joint statement on B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Victoria - Tuesday, September 8, 2020 4:30 PM

“As we get back to work and back to school this fall, it is the time for all of us to cut back on our social interactions to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19 for ourselves and everyone around us.

“Keeping our household contacts and our controlled work and school groups safe means having few contacts with people we don’t know.

“Whether it is a private party in someone’s home or going to a nightclub, the potential to transmit the virus is the same.

“The location may be different, but the risks in these uncontrolled environments are similar – being indoors, in close face-to-face contact with a number of people for an extended period of time, and in many cases, with alcohol.

“In recent weeks, public health teams have been heavily focused on responding to community clusters and exposure events in these higher-risk, uncontrolled locations that have been a major source of transmission since the start of our Phase 3 reopening.

“Despite weeks of effort by public health teams, these venues are creating significant risk to everyone in B.C., and making it more challenging to protect those who are most vulnerable to serious illness.

“We need to ensure our public health teams are able to take care of everyone in British Columbia in the weeks and months ahead. As a result, the provincial health officer’s order on bars, nightclubs and banquet halls has been amended. Effective today, all nightclubs and stand-alone banquet halls are ordered closed until further notice.

“Liquor sales in all bars, pubs and restaurants must cease at 10 p.m. and they must close at 11 p.m., unless providing a full meal service, in which case they may stay open, but may not serve liquor until 11 a.m. the following day.

“Music or other background sounds, such as from televisions in bars, lounges, pubs and restaurants, must be no louder than the volume of normal conversation.

“Now is the time for all of us to go back to our smaller, safer social interactions, especially if our households are increasing our interactions in other ways.

“This is the balance that we all need to find if we are going to weather the storm of the respiratory season ahead that will inevitably create added complexities for all of us. Let’s use this time to close the gaps that have emerged, recommit to keeping our wall strong and protect ourselves and those around us.”

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020HLTH0049-001688

I think many have just given up on staying away from people. And I get it. You can’t...social interaction is a necessity of life to humans. And it’s summer. Curious how fall goes when it gets colder and more rather be inside. My guess is spike in 20-40 age group but deaths remain very very low. For most in that age group without pre existing conditions it is much like the flu for them.

ms Henry can use the stick all she wants but I think a good amount of people have said enough is enough after seeing how for those without pre existing conditions it isn’t anymore dangerous Than many common illnesses. (Note I would still suggest it wise for those with conditions or at high risk to stay home, keep away etc).

Longer it goes more people will ignore and honestly think to themselves this is totally overblown.

People sure have become incredibly more selfish in this modern world.

After reading a story about WestJet canceling a flight because a 19 month old baby couldn’t put a mask on my wife and I canceled a cross country trip which purpose was to introduce them to our latest addition (12wk old).

It was very difficult decision but I know my 2 year old is randomly defiant, and won’t be able to wear a mask for very long. My only hope is that everyone stays healthy and maybe by the spring we can have this under control, but that is exactly what I said in June when I booked this trip mid September.

Pretty tough to call grandpa and grandma this morning telling them they are going to have to wait another 6+ months but this is the world we created.

I think many have just given up on staying away from people. And I get it. You can’t...social interaction is a necessity of life to humans. And it’s summer. Curious how fall goes when it gets colder and more rather be inside. My guess is spike in 20-40 age group but deaths remain very very low. For most in that age group without pre existing conditions it is much like the flu for them.Gnore

ms Henry can use the stick all she wants but I think a good amount of people have said enough is enough after seeing how for those without pre existing conditions it isn’t anymore dangerous Than many common illnesses. (Note I would still suggest it wise for those with conditions or at high risk to stay home, keep away etc).

Longer it goes more people will ignore and honestly think to themselves this is totally overblown.
Corollary would be: The more people will ignore and think to themselves this is totally overblown, the longer it goes.

People sure have become incredibly more selfish in this modern world.

After reading a story about WestJet canceling a flight because a 19 month old baby couldn’t put a mask on my wife and I canceled a cross country trip which purpose was to introduce them to our latest addition (12wk old).

It was very difficult decision but I know my 2 year old is randomly defiant, and won’t be able to wear a mask for very long. My only hope is that everyone stays healthy and maybe by the spring we can have this under control, but that is exactly what I said in June when I booked this trip mid September.

Pretty tough to call grandpa and grandma this morning telling them they are going to have to wait another 6+ months but this is the world we created.
My wife's parents also cancelled their trip out west to see their grandkid for the first time. In fact, they've cancelled three times now. He's 8 months old and they are hoping to come out next spring at this point.

I feel bad for hoping there's a third wave in about February but I honestly can't think of any other way to avoid seeing them much longer. Still, we're on a hot streak. I could go for another year or two, though.

I lol’ed hard at this today, they really are clueless and the mix message continues

The rule of thumb should be to "stick to six" — the same six people — for any get-together, especially when it's taking place inside, Dix said.

Comparing the UK to Sweden is a little absurd. The population and population density are very different. I think it is way too early to analyze which method was best, unfortunately, only time will tell. The other thing too is what if they were wrong and their population decimated, what would the analysis be. I am ok with having the original lockish down (we never locked down, I went to work every day) it gave the healthcare system time to figure it out and now we are opening up as practical as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back