2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone at SH last night see the police zodiac towing someone to shore? I’m assuming the only reason police would commit time to towing someone would be for a DUI. Just speculating

I saw it too. Maybe they had potential flotation issues that might have arisen and couldn't wait for a commercial tow?

Tough day for sure. 6:30 - 4:00. Lost a small keeper close to the boat. Couple of bites which I am sure were coho and towards the end of my day an undersize spring. Tried all kinds of depths. Shallow water coloum all the way to the 400' contours. So much effort for 0 results. That totally sucks.
Can't wait to do it all again on Tuesday!!:)

Went out today and picked up a 17# white on anchovy at 60 feet. All of our hits have been anchovy on glow heads and flashers. Today I saw three boats out at least a km into the straight. Has anyone tried that area?

Took my brother and two boys out yesterday and fished the bell buoy then the QA then T10 then the South Arm with not even one bite
There were hundreds of boats and we only saw 1 net a keeper in 8 hours
Tried anchovy’s for the most part but did switch it up with spoons and hooches along the way
We even fished Ambleside before heading hone and not a nibble
Is the fishing over? Was that it?
I was told there were 274 boats at the South Arm on Friday

Took my brother and two boys out yesterday and fished the bell buoy then the QA then T10 then the South Arm with not even one bite
There were hundreds of boats and we only saw 1 net a keeper in 8 hours
Tried anchovy’s for the most part but did switch it up with spoons and hooches along the way
We even fished Ambleside before heading hone and not a nibble
Is the fishing over? Was that it?
I was told there were 274 boats at the South Arm on Friday

don’t feel special. Many of us for skunked yesterday. Nice day for a boat ride tho.

Anyone got any views on fishing Salmon Rock off Gibson’s or fishing Gower Point at this time of the year?

I think both are very viable options. A sfbc member bonked a beauty off epsom pt this weekend and I picked up a nice one off byng a week a go last Thursday with lots of action. I'm heading out again Wednesday and plan to head that way for half the day then if its not happening I'm off to the Fraser for some further abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back